Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

You're out of your tree. (1 Viewer)

druid12000

It's not my tree.

That's a pair of lines from one of my favorite movies, 'Benny and Joon', and both suit me perfectly :highly_amused:

Hi! I'm Pete, aka druid12000. I have been writing to some degree for the better part of thirty years. Until recently I have not been terribly serious, however a new project jumped up and slapped me in the face (managing to grab my undivided attention, not an easy thing to do) so I'm hoping to share progress on the project as it unfolds and maybe get some feedback. It's a self help/recovery book focusing mainly on the stigma surrounding addiction and mental health, with some of my own experiences peppering the pages.

This new undertaking is a huge departure from what I normally write, horror and fantasy/sci-fi are my go to genres, so it should be interesting!

Probably goes without saying, I am a huge reader. My tastes are all over the spectrum, I'm currently wading through 'War and Peace' (slogging may be a better descriptor, cuz Yikes!).

I'm looking forward to hanging out with y'all and having some fun in the process.

Peace!

druid12000

Thanks, The MightyAz, it is a battle but I'm going to persevere! It's still too early to pass any real judgement on the story but the characters are not folks I would want to hang out with, let alone go to war and fight alongside.

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Thanks, The MightyAz, it is a battle but I'm going to persevere! It's still too early to pass any real judgement on the story but the characters are not folks I would want to hang out with, let alone go to war and fight alongside.

If you've been writing for 30 years chances are you'll have some pretty nifty stuff. In which case I'd recommend you wait until you've posted 10 times so you can get access to the Writing Workshop area. Only members can post there and read what's posted there. Other 'passing' traffic can't.

Last edited:

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hey, Pete/Druid, nice to have you here! I agree with Az, 30 years of writing has something going for it even if it hasn't been terribly serious. Welcome. :)