Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Your Next Big Goal? (1 Viewer)

Justin Attas

I want to hear what everyone on WF is reaching for right now. A tangible goal, one you take action steps towards. It doesn't have to be writing-related, but it can be!

For me, it's selling 20 copies of my writing course. I came out with it a few weeks ago and I'm pretty happy I've already managed to sell 3. As long as people are happy with the content and getting help from what I do, I'm happy.

What about you guys? What's something your striving for?

River Rose

The biggest goal on my horizon is still a ways off. That’s ok tho. In 8 yrs I will b walking the Camino. All 500 plus miles. It will take me roughly 31-35 days to accomplish. I am not doing it for the certificate. I am doing it to forgive all past lifetimes karma and sins.
I don’t want to come back here again. I want to return to my home planet. So I am playing clean up crew in this lifetime as I woke myself up early enough to do so.
I became a Reiki Master/Teacher to heal myself first. Now I help heal others on their paths. So that in a nutshell is my next big goal. I will accomplish it.

dither

WF Veterans
Not so much a goal as a dream but one can dream.

To walk out of my house, in the hopefully not too distant future, out of my street, out of this town, out of this life basically, and not look back , never to return. Without leaving a trace. Just roll up some place else and start afresh. I don't think that's possible actually for all sorts of reasons but I'm trying to summon up the courage to make a few inquiries.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor

To walk out of my house, in the hopefully not too distant future, out of my street, out of this town, out of this life basically, and not look back , never to return. Without leaving a trace. Just roll up some place else and start afresh. I don't think that's possible actually for all sorts of reasons but I'm trying to summon up the courage to make a few inquiries.

And go WHERE? Sorry, my dithering friend, a "fresh start" starts inside YOU...IF you were to go "somewhere"... you may well find that all of your old baggage arrives before you do... been there, done that, it did not work for me... I returned, faced my demons, then found that I was fine where I was.....okkk, well, I was not exactly fine... but better ;) hugs, my fine friend....

wannabe1

I've been in a funk for months. Busy finding ways to keep myself away from my computer. I at last decided that I've got to get back to my writing. Now I sit in front of the screen and try to figure out where to take my story. My goal - now is to write 1,000 words a day and finally get the draft done.

Ma'am

I've been in a funk for months. Busy finding ways to keep myself away from my computer. I at last decided that I've got to get back to my writing. Now I sit in front of the screen and try to figure out where to take my story. My goal - now is to write 1,000 words a day and finally get the draft done.

If you want, you could write a story for the weekly Lean and Mean challenge. It's mostly just for fun and practice but there's a small prize for the winner.

https://www.writingforums.com/threads/188068-Lean-and-Mean-Challenge-05-11-20-quot-The-Servant-quot

Ma'am

If you escape to Panama, give us a holler! :)

MzSnowleopard

WF Veterans
Getting a piece finished... I don't care which one. The challenge is that I need to get passed all the BS people keep shoveling on me that does nothing but discourage me. I will never understand why people keep harping on me to give it up, or rip my works apart with criticism- when a number of people who are published, who do have a history in the industry had told me that I have what it takes.

dither

WF Veterans
And go WHERE? Sorry, my dithering friend, a "fresh start" starts inside YOU...IF you were to go "somewhere"... you may well find that all of your old baggage arrives before you do... been there, done that, it did not work for me... I returned, faced my demons, then found that I was fine where I was.....okkk, well, I was not exactly fine... but better ;) hugs, my fine friend....

Firemajic,

I'm not going anywhere, it isn't going to happen, I know that. It's a dream, that's all. I get what you say about baggage and Biro it probably would be " same shit different place" but I'd love just one shot at it before I go. I have lived in my town for something like thirty five years, I wasn't born here, and distancing myself from people all that time has, over those years, ( how can I put it ? ) created it's own tension. People have seen it, DO see it, as rejection and , of course, that has caused a lot of bitterness and resentment. I'd like to think that if I could move away, at my age, people might make allowances and just leave me alone. A small one-bed-flat somewhere, with shopping options close by. For that to be possible I'd need money, serious money, to just walk away, to hell with the beaurocracy, too complicated, leaving bundles of cash behind letting others smooth things over, money, enough money, I'm sure, would make it better. The house, belongings, they can have it all. Just let me go.

Me and my dream.

dither...

Justin Attas

That's amazing! An extremely worthwhile goal. So many people float through their careers without thinking much about where it's really going.