Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Your Favourite Quotes - Your Own & Other People's (2 Viewers)

Courtjester

Honoured/Sadly Missed
Your Favourite Quotes - Your Own & Other People's

To get the ball rolling, here is one of mine:

Education is an admirable thing. But it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

Oscar Wilde

Last edited:

Bilston Blue

WF Veterans
"And you have to ask, where were the Germans? But frankly, who cares."

Barry Davies, BBC commentator, 1988 Olympic Hockey Final, as Great Britain scored the winning goal against the Germans. So much for the impartiality of the BBC.

DuKane

A teller of tall tales
Can't beat old Winston:

Lady Nancy Astor: Sir, if you were my husband I'd put poison in your coffee!
Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!

Mr Prime Minister Sir, you are drunk!
I may be drunk Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly!

There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, worst of it is that half of them are true.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else!

If this is a blessing, it's certainly very well disguised!

Some others:
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff!

beanlord56

Check my sig.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"In this age it has seemingly become more and more detestable to be a Christian. Our opinions on social and political issues are no longer tolerated as valid and we are commonly viewed as the enemy. Subjective truth, self-love, unrestricted perversion, the destruction of morality: these are the things that have ultimately brought us to a place of depression and madness." - Ryan Clark, Demon Hunter's frontman

And just for a bit of humor:
"Yeah! Wookiee life debts for everyone!" - RC-1262 "Scorch," Star Wars Republic Commando

Courtjester

Honoured/Sadly Missed
Could that by any chance be a description of yourself?

Oscar Wilde has the following to say on the same theme:

'To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.'​

Courtjester

Honoured/Sadly Missed
'Your manuscript is both good and original, but the parts that are good are not original and the parts that are original are not good.' Samuel Johnson

Users who are viewing this thread