Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

You know what I just realized? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumino

I was just looking at some things I wrote several years ago, and it has become evident to me that my linguistic skills may have been better back then. My words were clear, they were easy to understand, and they flowed. Not only that, but I wrote them by revising as I wrote, that is to say, I did not write a rough draft. So I don't know what's wrong with my language skills today, but I know I did fall and hit my head in the hospital about four years ago.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
I did fall down to the floor when I was 12-13 years old. I blanked out. My English is manageable if I reread what I write out loud. I was also hit by a baseball ball twice. And I have mental illness. Learn to live with it. That being said I need a diagnosis to know for sure what happened. But anyways, your opening post reads clear to me when reading out loud. That being said if you become conscious of the rules of language you could not be as troubled as I am. Don't worry about it. I did purchase a book for dyslexia which I will pick up this week. People think I have dyslexia which makes it more difficult to write.

patskywriter

WF Veterans
Sometimes it’s simply a matter of being out of practice—maybe not in your case, but for some. At times, I’m surprised (and disappointed) to find out how much I’ve forgotten when I pick up my guitar. I don’t play every day like I used to, and now I can tell I’m woefully “out of shape.”

Sir-KP

I would consider that as a case of rotting skill or influence from something else you consciously/unconsciously taken lately.

I experience both when it comes to drawing.

Winston

WF Veterans
My mom had Alzheimer's. I often feel that I may not be as sharp as I was recently.
I may have waited too long before I took my writing seriously. Then again, I may just have lost enough of my mind so I can emulate Jack Kerouac or William S. Burroughs.
But hey, life's a crap shoot. Roll the bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.