Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

You couldn't make it up (1 Viewer)

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
The first victim in any war is the truth.

And we are in a war. When one woman, a CEO of a gambling company, can earn in an hour more than I can in two years you know there is something very wrong. When foodbanks are increasing. When the cost of the pandemic will be paid by the poorest of us and the richest have just increased their wealth by over a £trillion. This is a war of the rich against the poor. The rich own our newspapers. They own our land. They own our government. They make our laws. They perpetuate their role with elitist schools. By exclusive mentoring.

This bubble won't burst. They have had centuries to perfect their defences. Watch them cover themselves in the flag. To equate their privilege with our country. They give us false enemies to fear.

There is a strong resistance to them. I don't know if it will be enough. I do know this is going to get very ugly.

When the dust begins to settle from the triple whammy of coronavirus, Brexit, and relentless robotic march of technology replacing jobs, we will need to see social reform on a scale as great as the two post-war eras - possibly greater. We Brits can take a lot of crap, but when we finally turn, it seems to happen almost without warning - and it leaves no room for doubt.

Aquarius

Financial Patron
The first victim in any war is the truth.

And we are in a war. When one woman, a CEO of a gambling company, can earn in an hour more than I can in two years you know there is something very wrong. When foodbanks are increasing. When the cost of the pandemic will be paid by the poorest of us and the richest have just increased their wealth by over a £trillion. This is a war of the rich against the poor. The rich own our newspapers. They own our land. They own our government. They make our laws. They perpetuate their role with elitist schools. By exclusive mentoring.

This bubble won't burst. They have had centuries to perfect their defences. Watch them cover themselves in the flag. To equate their privilege with our country. They give us false enemies to fear.

There is a strong resistance to them. I don't know if it will be enough. I do know this is going to get very ugly.

I believe that this time the bubble WILL burst and that better things are in store for us and our world. The old ways are no longer good enough! They were never good enough in their time, but that was part of the lesson we as a race had to learn. That's how we have been and still are being taught, over a long stretch of time - approx. six thousand years of patriarchy - the value of truth. Nobody can hide it forever, for the simple reason that this is not part of the great evolutionary plan for our world.

Aquarius

Financial Patron
When the dust begins to settle from the triple whammy of coronavirus, Brexit, and relentless robotic march of technology replacing jobs, we will need to see social reform on a scale as great as the two post-war eras - possibly greater. We Brits can take a lot of crap, but when we finally turn, it seems to happen almost without warning - and it leaves no room for doubt.

I hope you are right and have a feeling that something very surprising is going to happen - and that quite soon!

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Baroness Helena Morrisey, a director at the Foreign Office, tells us that there is no pandemic, if there were people would be dropping dead in the streets and we would notice 'And stop going to M&S'. Further she alleged that it is all a scare started by fake videos put out by the Chinese Communist party.

Really! True I have not seen dead littering the streets, but getting a slot for my brother's funeral was not easy and there will be over 125,000 other families with a similar experience.

I notice a Tory MP said that giving a £500 payment to people with covid so they could afford to isolate was 'An incentive to them to catch it.' Now that's ridiculous enough to actually raise a smile :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Have you seen the 'experiment'they are carrying outwith school children? If a child in a class contracts corona virus instead of sending the class home for a week to see if they get symptoms they are giving them lateral flow tests for a week. There are doctors calling it 'unethical' and even disputing the legality. Those lateral flow tests have only got about a 50% accuracy rate, depending on whether they are positive or negative, and the government are giving them out like American soldiers handing out gum. Why do I have a strong suspicion that someone's mate owns the company that makes them and stands to make a fortune out of us? You know, like the useless personal protection equipment fiasco that is in the process of being shoved under the carpet. Ethically I don't see much difference between this lot and the conquistadors who worked whole tribes to death in their silver mines, just a little more subtle about it.

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
For those who have yet to spot out beloved leader is in fact the anti-midas. Everything he touches turns to dross. Even the great Svengali Dominic Cummings is now sticking his knife in.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
For those who have yet to spot out beloved leader is in fact the anti-midas. Everything he touches turns to dross. Even the great Svengali Dominic Cummings is now sticking his knife in.

I see that as part of the 'Self preservation society'; it's the blame someone else to distance yourself tactic they all use. How many times have you heard, "If the public had behaved responsibly we wouldn't be in this mess."? Just be relieved we are not to blame this time :)

ppsage

WF Veterans
My understanding of lateral flow antigen tests, gleaned mostly from virologists' blogging, is that they are highly specific and more than adequately sensitive to usefully detect the nucleotide concentrations consistent with potential shedding. Perhaps the 50% figure is intended to in some way reflect the additional, and, for this sort of purpose, supernumerary, sensitivity which can naturally be achieved by rpg testing. To me though, the pertinent question would seem to be, not do you still have any viral rna fragments floating about?, but are you presently contagious? So I do think they are a valuable tool in these sorts of schemes (witness their use in the entertainment and sports industries). This is in no way meant to deny that many ridiculously flawed schemes have been offered, and it's very possible, likely perhaps even, that the one under discussion fits that bill. My argument is merely that basing such a characterization on a given scheme's employment of lateral flow antigen testing seems a bit unsupported to me.

Users who are viewing this thread