Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Yet another newbie (1 Viewer)

E

Emmi

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well and inspired to write ;)

My name is Emmi, I have just turned 20 and I come from the Netherlands, although right now I am on exchange in Cork (Ireland). I study Liberal Arts and Sciences, with a major in Art History, Literature and Linguistics.

When I was 14, I started writing a fantasy novel (in Dutch), but I never finished it. Right now I am working on my second work (in English) of a completely different kind and I am enjoying the writing very much. However, I am not at all confident about what I am writing, and would at some point like some objective advice.

Therefore, I was hoping some of you would be kind enough to give me some honest advice when I am ready to give you an excerpt. I won't post it right now and I won't post a long piece, just enough to get some feedback on the style and whether it is at all interesting or weird and boring (I have a feeling it may be the latter).

But more about that once I actually do post an excerpt. ;)

Best wishes,
Emmi