Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Yes, we do exist in Africa. (1 Viewer)

O

Obey Chiyangwa

Hie mates. My name is Obey Chiyangwa and i am Zimbabwean, in Africa. I have been writing since the age of sixteen, and i am 38 now, but i have never sought any sort of publication. This is the first time i have really gone public about my passion for writing and i hope to meet people, fellow writers and critiques, who will help me with my works. I am more of a peot than prose writer though i have also written a good number of short stories.

Most of my poetry is inspired by the situation here in africa, especially my country of birth, Zimbabwe. Economic hardships, poverty, disease, illiteracy, wars and so on and so forth are the issues that send us seeking words to describe how hurt and frustrated and disturbed ad disgruntled and generally unhappy we are as a people.

I am a computer ehtusiast and i run my own computer company called Brand Computers (Pvt) Ltd. I am based in the captal city of Zimbabwe, Harare.

I love reading (Sheldons, Stephen Kings, Dambudzo Marecheras, Shimmer Chinodyas, Wilber Smiths, a lot of Internation and local writers, so many i cannot continue to bore you with their names)

Thats me good friends