Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Yes, another introduction! (1 Viewer)

Nalkarj

Hi all,

I’m “Nalkarj.” I’ve posted one poem here already, but I thought it would be best to introduce myself. What to say about m’self… I’m currently a copy editor for a political magazine, I’ve always wanted to write fiction—books and short stories, yes, but also plays and screenplays—and in the last few years have started posting poems and song lyrics online. Favorite English-language poets include Shakespeare, W.H. Auden, Emily Dickinson, Phyllis McGinley, Walt Whitman, Robert Frost, Wallace Stevens, Richard Wilbur, A.E. Stallings, and Weldon Kees. I have a preference for formal verse, though I have nothing against free verse. This place looks like a good place for some in-depth critiques and kind people, so happy to be here!

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi all,

This place looks like a good place for some in-depth critiques and kind people, so happy to be here!
I can attest to that! Copy editing will give you a good base for writing fiction. I wrote non-fiction articles before I ventured into writing my first novel, with help from folks on this site.

Welcome aboard!