Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Ye Gods, I hate writer's block... (1 Viewer)

kinetickyle

Well, maybe it's not writer's block; maybe it's laziness. I've got about 4 ideas for my writing, but I just can't seem to get motivated...I guess I've just got a bad case of dead ass. I mean, I've got word open right now with the first sentence of an article typed, but here I am posting. I'm telling myself that the rhythm of typing this will get me in the mood to write, but I know the awful truth...I'M LAZY!

Well, this is more of a rant than anything else. I simultaneously thank and apologize to anyone who reads this. I think it's a classic cry for help, like taking an entire bottle of Flintstone's vitamins...

Kitten Courna

*giggle* that's a good one. I couldn't eat an entire flinstone's vitamin on its own, but it's still a circumstance I understand. Let me coo in sympathy,

pauvre bebe

I've found that if something I'm writing doesn't motivate me, it's often not worth it...at least at that moment. Maybe you just need some time, lazybones.

Writer's block is a horror though. I hope you make it through.

-Kitten

Kimberly Bird

Well kinetickyle, I have read your stories on your web page and that is some great writing. So I know you have it in you to write again. Maybe just play with character sketches for now, the person's temperment, dislikes, bad habits, you know all those things that make a person well rounded. :lol:

It will come back, you'll see.

Kimberly

Intel

I have been putting off my university essay for 2 whole months now. The time is ticking so I better hammer out anything that fits.

bearycool

I hate how the title cuts off from the main page, I though it read "Ye God, I hate writers," instead of this.

back to the topic: I know how you feel. I have word open also with my story inside. I'm at over 10,000 words and I'm trying to write again.

I suggest one, or both, of the two things below.

1. try Write or Die by Dr Wicked it really helps some

2. write at a public library or school library. Since most of your favorite sites will be blocked, or forbidden, you can think just of writing and less of the other crap.

Fiachra

Or to add to what bearycool said, you could try writing in a café. Although when I wrote my second novel in Bewley's Café last summer, the hot waitresses were a bit of a distraction. >_>

Dudester

Or to add to what bearycool said, you could try writing in a café. Although when I wrote my second novel in Bewley's Café last summer, the hot waitresses were a bit of a distraction. >_>

Very close to how I get over a case of writer's block. I go to a strip joint, but I don't interact with the dancers. I sit and watch. The wheels start turning, and by the time I get home, I've got at least half a story (I'm not talking about "Dear Penthouse". I write adventure romance and I'll use a composite character I've seen from watching the dancers.

JosephB

Very close to how I get over a case of writer's block. I go to a strip joint, but I don't interact with the dancers. I sit and watch.

Yeah, next time I have writer's block, I'll run that one by my wife and see if she's buys it. She's very supportive of my writing, so I'm betting she will. And she'll probably give me all the one dollar bills she has in her purse.