Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WritingForums.com: like a testimony in progress (1 Viewer)

dale

versailles with jag and book.jpgand....i finally got my free copy of the anthology that story is in and a whopping $20 check. of course i have to
have my kid model the book. ha ha.....

dale

Haven't been around for awhile. No. I'm not dead or in jail. Lol. Not much new yet on my writing quest. Still working slowly on the same bastard of a novel I've been stuck on for like 2 years. Had a new girlfriend, but she ditched me within a month for being "the most narcissistic man she'd ever known". Ha ha. What else is new. Got asked to write a short story for a paying anthology. The editor straight up told me to not walk on eggshells at all over playing out my right wing views. Lol. I was like....really? Never had a publisher actually tell me they wanted me to let it go like that before. Signs the times are changing I guess. Good news for me, I guess. Ha ha. Good to see old friends and new faces here, though. Peace.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hey, you must be telepathic! I was only saying I'd not seen you for a while. Good to know you are still writing and have some projects simmering.

dale

I just don't have wireless on my PC anymore and I hate navigating forums on this phone. I can't even hit "like" or "lol" on you all's posts with this thing. Lol. And it takes forever to get anywhere. Can't stand it. It's why I ain't here much anymore.

Edit: nevermind. I figured it out.

Last edited:

JerichoUndying

Thanks for the words. I just joined up today, and I have spent a lot of time preparing my novel and I am currently in the rough draft stage. I'm putting everything I have into this Fantasy novel series, and I feel as though my writing is an extension of myself in so many ways. I look forward to critiques, both good and bad, to help me make this story as good as I possibly can. I have 0 works published. I used to write short stories all of the time when I was younger, but the necessities of life pulled me away from my passion. After doing a lot of soul searching, I have found myself staring at the vast expanse of a blank page, and all the thrills and challenges it brings to my life. Keep on keeping on, friend, and I look forward to reviewing some of your works!

MrBillyD

Once I'm finally permitted to start posting my writings on this website, one of them will be my Science Fiction novel about overpopulation titled, "We the People Are Good to Eat".

The book's blurb describes the narrative stating:
"In a fatally overpopulated future Earth, all that the people have to eat is each other, and they thank God for every meal.

"In this world, keeping the population trimmed and the meat quota filled is every citizen’s responsibility. Gladiator type combat games are now a high school sport. This is the students’ way of participating in both the population trimming and meat harvest.

"A Cheerleader-Warrior Girl discovers that certain things in this world are not the way that everybody believes; which may lead to their world being turned upside down."

Would anyone like to read the book I've just described?

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Once I'm finally permitted to start posting my writings on this website, one of them will be my Science Fiction novel about overpopulation titled, "We the People Are Good to Eat".

It sounds gruesome, MrB; I am intrigued. If it's not fanfic you can share to the Multi Chapter forum or your blog if you prefer :)

MrBillyD

Thank you PiP:
It's good to know that I'll have you and others ready to help me work with this website.
I have now made 10 postings. I think that qualifies me to start posting my own works here. I'm not sure exactly when I'll begin, or how frequently I'll post chapters, or the exact order in which the stories will be posted; but this looks like a very good website to work with. I think I'll enjoy the time I spend here.
I recognize your name "Piglet in Portugal". Aren't you also a regular contributor to Nancy R. Hatch's website "Spirit Lights the Way", like I am?
Thank you again.

Reactions: PiP

sas

WF Veterans

The book's blurb describes the narrative stating:
"In a fatally overpopulated future Earth, all that the people have to eat is each other, and they thank God for every meal.

"In this world, keeping the population trimmed and the meat quota filled is every citizen’s responsibility. Gladiator type combat games are now a high school sport. This is the students’ way of participating in both the population trimming and meat harvest.

"A Cheerleader-Warrior Girl discovers that certain things in this world are not the way that everybody believes; which may lead to their world being turned upside down."

Would anyone like to read the book I've just described?

Famous 1973 movie called Soylent Green, based on 1966 novel with that very theme. A factory produced wafers, made of humans, called Soylent Green, to feed others. I saw it when it first came out. Starred Charlton Heston.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Thank you PiP:
It's good to know that I'll have you and others ready to help me work with this website.
I have now made 10 postings. I think that qualifies me to start posting my own works here. I'm not sure exactly when I'll begin, or how frequently I'll post chapters, or the exact order in which the stories will be posted; but this looks like a very good website to work with. I think I'll enjoy the time I spend here.

We are here to help. I still remember when I first joined WF and how confuzzed I felt. We all need a guardian angel at times :)

One further tip: you can only post two creative works to a particular board in a 24 hour period. but if in doubt when you come to post just send me a private message.

I recognize your name "Piglet in Portugal". Aren't you also a regular contributor to Nancy R. Hatch's website "Spirit Lights the Way", like I am?
Thank you again.
Yes, that is me :) Pleased to meet you MrB.

dither

WF Veterans
Haven't been around for awhile. No. I'm not dead or in jail. Lol. Not much new yet on my writing quest. Still working slowly on the same bastard of a novel I've been stuck on for like 2 years. Had a new girlfriend, but she ditched me within a month for being "the most narcissistic man she'd ever known". Ha ha. What else is new. Got asked to write a short story for a paying anthology. The editor straight up told me to not walk on eggshells at all over playing out my right wing views. Lol. I was like....really? Never had a publisher actually tell me they wanted me to let it go like that before. Signs the times are changing I guess. Good news for me, I guess. Ha ha. Good to see old friends and new faces here, though. Peace.

This is so weird, please excuse my going off topic.
I recently read a newspaper article that listed common traits of the narcissist and it now being treated as a personality disorder. I ticked all the boxes and I'm really struggling with that right now.

sas

WF Veterans
Dale,

As Trump is a narcissist, seems like a match between you. BTW: At least you were attracted to a smart girl.

Kevin

WF Veterans
It's only a disorder if you don't have it. We love our narcissists .. They're our CEOs ,tv personalities, all our elected officials. It takes a bold personality to bold face lie to the world and mean it with a big smug smile after... I did not have ... With that woman. It's okay though because we also have endless amnesia - you can keep your old plan...

dither

WF Veterans
Well that was how I saw it but the article listed such awful traits, there was nothing to feel happy or smug about.

dither

WF Veterans
Oh dear,
what on earth was I thinking about?

I still have the newspaper and I've delved back into said article. Why? Basically I've had enough of how I am. Those common traits are attached to a small piece on an "avoidant disorder".
So why have I kept it?
Oh I suppose that I harbour this ridiculous notion of facing up to myself.

Right now I'm not sure how I feel about this, I don't know if I really want to seek help and at my age...

Last edited:

dale

Hey. Know I ain't been around much. No pc. Or....no pc with internet hook-up, rather. Seeing a lot of new names, which is good. Just got a prose collection released at midnight last night. It's not like my other works. This one has my pure heart in it. Lol. Ultraviolet prose portraits of love and revenge writ in cryptic allegory. Love Letters from hell. And I actually convinced the publisher to allow my daughter be the model for the cover photo. Beautiful cover......https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1582065385196437&id=569709846432001

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Congrats, Dale. :) Good to see your name pop up in the activity stream... WF is not quite the same without you :) Your daughter makes an excellent model! She's so grown up now. :) I'll check out the book on Amazon and get it added to the
WF Bookstore

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hey. Know I ain't been around much. No pc. Or....no pc with internet hook-up, rather. Seeing a lot of new names, which is good. Just got a prose collection released at midnight last night. It's not like my other works. This one has my pure heart in it. Lol. Ultraviolet prose portraits of love and revenge writ in cryptic allegory. Love Letters from hell. And I actually convinced the publisher to allow my daughter be the model for the cover photo. Beautiful cover......https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1582065385196437&id=569709846432001

I'm glad to hear you're still around Dale - the forum seems tamer without you :) Good to hear that your work is still being acknowledged too.
That new release looks interesting. Do you intend to bring out a version for the Kindle?

Users who are viewing this thread