Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WritingForums.com: like a testimony in progress (1 Viewer)

dale

Congrats, Dale :) Great to have an update. Any news re. remaining queries on the novel?

call me impatient, (because i am) but i gave up on the query wait today and signed a contract with a small publisher. i just signed it
and already they're planning a release date of january, are scheduling me a local book signing. getting reviews lined up, and helping
me polish up my social network a bit......far more than the small publisher releasing my novella next summer is doing. my WIP is less offensive
and more literary, so hopefully the agent search will go better with that. but for this debut novel? i'm satisfied so far with where it's
going.

popsprocket

Retired Chief Media Manager
Wow that's quick!

It's good to see that they're taking an active hand in selling the book.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that's quick!

dale

Wow that's quick!

i know. he just sprung that release date on me tonight. i was like. "wow. that quick? jesus. i need to get busy".
i was not expecting that.

dale

Congrats Dale, did you ever finish the last chapter???

lol. yeah. that little self inflicted panic trick of mine actually worked. it became double panic right after, because after i sent
those premature queries off, i finished the chapter i was working on to discover it needed another one. i was like "oh my god...
....i have to have another chapter!!!!!" i got it done in time, though.

Last edited:

popsprocket

Retired Chief Media Manager
i know. he just sprung that release date on me tonight. i was like. "wow. that quick? jesus. i need to get busy".
i was not expecting that.

It makes sense when I think about it. It costs them money to sit on your book and keep revising it in the long run. But if they turn it out as quickly as humanly possible then the costs are lowered. Since there won't be a huge marketing campaign accompanying it, January isn't so hard (except on the guy that has to do all the edits ;)).

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
lol. yeah. that little self inflicted panic trick of mine actually worked. it became double panic right after, because after i sent
those premature queries off, i finished the chapter i was working on to discover it needed another one. i was like "oh my god...
....i have to have another chapter!!!!!" i got it done in time, though.

Good for you, dale! Talk about pressure.

dale

award winning literary author and illustrator Tais Teng is supposed to design my cover. pretty excited to see what he comes
up with. here's a site with some of his previous work.........

http://taisteng.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

edit: cover art chosen for my book........

The Abominarion of Norma cover art.jpg

Last edited:
I am new here and having a hard time building my ability to give constructive criticism. The main reason I came here was for feedback on my latest story but I still need to reach ten posts. Just thought I would stop in because the title caught my eye. I think it's great this site helped you get accepted for publishing.

dale

Congratulations. I have to say by reading the short explanation of the book, it sounds way over my head. :read:

thanks, lew. it's a disturbing book. it even made me uneasy a couple times while writing it, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations. I have to say by reading the short explanation of the book, it sounds way over my head. :read:

thanks, lew. it's a disturbing book. it even made me uneasy a couple times while writing it, to be honest.

dale

lovecraft eZine has requested a copy of the book for possible review. keeping my fingers crossed he finds the book worthy enough
to dedicate a review to there. with my lack of social networking skills, i need all the reviews i can get.