Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WritingForums.com: like a testimony in progress (1 Viewer)

Lewdog

WF Veterans
Congrats! Make sure the book comes with a built in bottle opener so I can drink while reading. Plus it will help to bridge the redneck demographic.

Last edited:

hamster892

I finally found my way back here after creating an account and giving up a few months ago. This makes me want to stick it out this time around. Congratulations on your success!

WechtleinUns

This is so cool! I hope you don't mind me adding a bit of testimony myself. I actually came to writing forums because I had some sliver of hope that, someday, I might be able to write something that wasn't arcane technical documentation on LDP-11 virtualization programming.

I can't say for sure, but I think I'm getting better. And the people on here are really awesome, too. :D

Govinda

I myself am recently returned, having left waaaaaaayyyy back during the "event" about 3ish years ago. I laugh because I remember someone saying in a post in the lounge something to the tune of, "Man, we used be Vegas! Now we're the outskirts of Reno."

I came back because somewhere else I play is going through a rough metamorphosis and it may come out ok, it may not. I came back here after chatting with Shaddowalker who had great things to say about a new and revamped writingforums.com.

She was right! The discussion here is where it should be, on writing. I see an active critique area. I see members posting work. I see... writing!

How avant guard. ;)

Cran

Da Boss Emeritus
Patron
In the current fiction writing climate, any sale is a good sale. Congratulations, dale.

Lewdog

WF Veterans
the erotica ghost story i wrote for my ex-wife just sold for $25. i feel like such a harlot. i got a hot penny a word. ha ha

Don't put yourself down so much, there are a lot worse things you could do for a penny!

dale

*exhale*......as christ once said......."it is finished". the novel is done. my 1st novel. that was like giving birth to something both beautiful
and terrible. that last chapter has my head spinning. i need a drink. i don't even know what to say. think i'll pass out.

Lewdog

WF Veterans
*exhale*......as christ once said......."it is finished". the novel is done. my 1st novel. that was like giving birth to something both beautiful
and terrible. that last chapter has my head spinning. i need a drink. i don't even know what to say. think i'll pass out.

Congrats have a double, on me, as long as you are paying.

dale

for an update...the agent search is as frustrating and stupid as every other aspect of the writing racket. my ex-wife was right
so far. she told me when i started the book that i would have a hard time getting anyone in the NYC industry to even read it because of the
theme. the one personalized rejection i've had from new york so far said she had "personal reservations" about "the project". said it was
very interesting and well written....but due to "personal reservations" she wouldn't be a good fit. i thought..."jeez, girl....you sound like every
woman i've ever slept with." ha ha

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Don't give up, dale. Congratulations on finishing your work, how great that must feel.

dale

Don't give up, dale. Congratulations on finishing your work, how great that must feel.

thanks. usually the way it's worked in the past like on short stories is i get a couple 2 or 3 rejections, then the 4th or 5th
one says yeah...i'm interested. i'm hoping that will be the case on the agent queries. i know i could send this to a small publisher
myself and it would get accepted...but they want me to actually promote and market my work myself. i'm too lazy for that
crap and really don't get along well with others. that's why i'd really like an agent to handle that for me.