Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Writing magazines (1 Viewer)

T

type

I've subscribed to Writer's Digest and Writer for a quite a few years and enjoy them both. They are both very good and worth the money.

Chrispian

Patron
They seem like they are pretty good. I've picked up a copy now and again at the bookstore. Maybe I'll get a sub.

W

WendyMarie

Sounds like a cool magazine, I'll have to check it out sometime...

F

FieryHands

Writer's Digest I have a subscription to. I always get excited when a new one comes. :)

S

ShamSham04

I used to get Writer's Digest, but I found myself bored with it. I was just wasting my money with articles that weren't helping me. Experimenting with writing is more educational, IMO, than reading on how to be a better writer.

americanwriter

I liked Writer's Digest and I highly recommend buying books published by them. Writer's Idea Book, Writer's Workshop, Writing From Personal Experience. They're educational and effective in helping a writer hone their craft. Especially David Morrell's book, Lessons from a Lifetime of Writing. It has some great suggestions. I especially like the "self-discussion" recommendation. I did have a tough time wading through the over-abundance of ads in Writer's Digest. There are so many the publication feels cluttered.

Writer's Journal is a bit cleaner. Still there is advertising, but it seems better organized and the articles aren't chopped up so much with the "see page #." Most of the time they have the whole article on the same page!

I don't have subscriptions to either as I learned hard and fast that subscribing always gets me on all kinds of new advertising lists. I buy the copies direct at the local Hastings or Barnes and save my mailbox the added advertising weight.

Users who are viewing this thread