Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Writing Magazines (1 Viewer)

Chrispian

Patron
Does anyone subscribe to any of the Writing Magazines out there? I've picked up the occasional copy of Writers Digest and was thinking of subscribing. What other Magazines are out there for us?

W

WendyMarie

Lol, good question, I'm sure there are many out there, but I can't think of any right now, If I do, I'll let ya know.

The Writer is a very good magazine. I wish I knew of others but Writer's Digest and The Writer seem to be the big ones.

abbenormal

americanwriter

Don't subscribe! Buy it at the stand, unless you like having your mailbox suddenly inundated with all kinds of writing promotions, requests for subscriptions. Its a good magazine, though a little heavy on the ads, and I love Writer's Digest books, but after I subscribed a couple years ago I found my post office box suddenly being inundated with every kind of "writing related offer" under the sun.

Coincidence? Probably, but after cancelling my subscription (just buying at the stand now) and spending a year sending back the offers in their own postage-paid envelopes, asking them remove me from their lists, the inflow has begun to diminish. In fact there's so little I'm starting to feel snubbed. :p . Thank you Lord!

N

nickyswriting

Good Reading

There are great magazines for writers on stands. Print mags are good for when you want to read info offline, but there are thousands of websites for writers with free information. Try a search for writing resources, freelance writing, etc. and see what's online for you to read.

Best wishes.