Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Writing Forums NaNoWriMo Team (1 Viewer)

PaPa

November? Let me check my day planner.

Hmm. Looks like I'm doing jack shit from now til Doomsday. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Y

Yukarana Light

I signed up yesterday. A bit late, but I already have some ideas... :) This is my first NaNoWriMo, and I'm guessing it's harder than it looks, but I'm giving it a try anyway.

(A couple of people on another site tried to write a novel in one DAY. They've got 7 hours to go still, and are at roughly 23-25k words! It makes writing 50k in a month sound a lot simpler. :p)

damien_frosst

If you look, you'll find there's different groups out there for writing X words in Y days. Some of the ideas are pretty crazy - like the novel in a day thing. Not impossible, but certainly rediculous. No less rediculous than a novel in a month, but it's about doing something with your writing rather than just saying "I'll get around to it."

I think I've got a rant here... so I'll leave this for now.

Last edited:
S

Shaden

You can count me in on this, sure I signed up last year. Was my first time *nods* I soared over the 50,000 words. Thought that 50,000 wasn't a 'true' novel (cause I'm stubborn like that) But this year is different. I'm working with a book I've struggled with, it's not a plot I've yanked out of thin air either. So in some ways less spontaneous. And so much I have to be careful with. Plus I have less time on the PC. So, I'm definitely dreading this year's NaMo far more than the last.

Yes, it is insane, there's no doubt about that. But being a writer is all about seeing how crazy you can get without getting shoved in a straight jacket and shoved in that padded room. In my opinion, those people writing a novel in a day, they're nutters, they need straight-jacketing! I mean, talk about asking to get DVT or RSS or something. If I ever say I'm gonna do that, you have full permission to shoot me. :grin:

Oracle

I should give it a try. I don't know if I'll get it all done, since I've got a pretty heavy homework load this semester, but who knows? It'd be nice to be able to write something without constantly going through frivilous revisions and rewritings. WIth such a tight deadline, I'll be able to silence the inner critique! I hope... :p

white-wolf

silverwriter said:
Smack talk encouraged!

Nooooo, I can't walk the talk, or whatever. I can't be the only one left speaking English. Either send another English-speaker to keep me company, or give me a Smack-Dictionary.

If you do neither I shall pout, so there. :brilsmur: <-- has nothing to do with the previous comment -- I just love the Smurf's LOL

I

Italiano

I have apparently been bullied into doing it.

*glares at Jaime and Mark*

S

silverwriter

I so did not bully you. Can you imagine a 19 year old girl bullying an Italian man?

Bah.