Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Writing Forums NaNoWriMo Team (1 Viewer)

Supergeek

I was inspired by the NaNoWriMo site to have my own self challenges, and I fully intend to participate this year.

O

Ostrauder

My hand is in…

I think nanowrimo will help me because the focus is on finishing. There is no standard for quality. I get stuck on plot points. With nanowrimo the point is to write your way through the moments of uncertainty. With some luck you might end up with something good on the other side.

I

Ilan Bouchard

Ostrauder said:
I think nanowrimo will help me because the focus is on finishing. There is no standard for quality. I get stuck on plot points. With nanowrimo the point is to write your way through the moments of uncertainty. With some luck you might end up with something good on the other side.
That's a very good point.
If I had enough time to do the things I ought to be doing, I might attempt it. But alas, I barely have enough time for sleep as it is.

Aw crap, it's nearing 1. I'll be tired for school tomorrow, or rather today...

Penelope

I promised myself, once I had done this (November 2003), I would never do it again. Drats! I may break it because this sounds interesting.

Indigo

I really want to do it but I know how much homework I get and I don't think I'll be able to do it. :? I know I won't complete it but this may just be the thing I need to kickstart my writing.

damien_frosst

I'm in. It'll be year four for me, and I've yet to fail (though I did come close to failing). I've been increasingly involved with it each year too, so having WF and NaNo come together sounds like goodness to me.

I encourage everyone to give NaNoWriMo a try, no matter how much time they have to devote to it. Just trying it will be good for your writing skills.

S

silverwriter

*clears throat*

I'll be in this one. My first one...

You said regardless of ability right?

Sign me up!

I know I haven't been here for a while, mainly because critiquecircle.com is better in every aspect except it's forum, and I haven't been there because of sheer, old-fashioned laziness.

Anyways, I'm here, and I know I can do it unless I sabotage myself (procrastination, etc.). I hope I retain my current vigor.

By the way, it seems that nanowrimo.org is having technical difficulties. I managed to sign myself up though before it went down.

speculative

I'm doing it this year.

To everyone who's in school - it is possible. I was successful in 2003 even though I hadn't planned at all, was in grad school, and had mid-terms due in November.

Word of warning: don't procrastinate! End of November is Thanksgiving so you might have family around so you won't get to write as much as you might have planned.

My only dilemma this year is to pick between writing a fantasy or literary novel...

Hell, I might as well do it too. :D If not now, I'll regret not doing it and will have to wait until next November. :shock: So yeah, count me in! :)

speculative

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Nano forums? I can get to them, but I can't post. Seems like they are working out some bugs...

Achilles

Ah, this sounds fun. Hey, just because I always write poetry doesn't mean I can't write stories. Generally. It's just a matter of ideas for me...

I'm still debating, but I'll probably jump in.

I

Ilan Bouchard

speculative said:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Nano forums? I can get to them, but I can't post. Seems like they are working out some bugs...

I believe you have to wait until November before you can start posting. At the moment, only members who've participated in past NaNos can post.

Selorian

Patron
The problem right now is explained on the front page of the site. Basically, there were so many sign ups that one of their servers went down, so they have disabled the login and sign up sections until they get a new server up and running.

Also, you can start posting as soon as you sign up, which you can do starting Oct. 1st (though the server problems are preventing that). The actual writing doesn't start until Nov. 1st, but all features on the site are available from day one of sign up.

speculative

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I had trouble logging in in 2003, even though I had participated in 2002, so I had to create a whole 'nother login/password. I had only seen a few posts here & there so I thought maybe the site was down. There was a registration link, but no "login" link though, which was weird.

midlandsmuse

I'm in but I can't register on the NaNoWriMo site until tomorrow... it seems demand outweighed server capabilities.

Do you get a feeling that we must all be a little insane to try this?