Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Writing Forums NaNoWriMo Team (1 Viewer)

Chrispian

Patron
If you are going to take part of NaNoWriMo this year, consider doing so as a WF Team member! I'm going take part this year and I know many of you wil, so lets represent WF and show them how it's done!

Ruben

Wow, it's so absurd that I have to try it :p

Good luck to everybody who is going to give it a try!

A LINK FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW THE SITE:
NaNoWriMo

Chrispian

Patron
Kira the wanderer said:
I've heard of it but I'm not sure what it is exactly...

Kira,

From NaNoWriMo
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

So basically you sign up and agree to write 50,000 words in one month. Once you get to the goal you upload your manuscript which is then read by a "robot" and destroyed before any human sees it. The robot counts the words and reports if you succeeded or not. So it's really easy to cheat, if you wanted to. However, the point is to write a book in a month and it is a fun and creative way to get a good jump start on a novel. I've done it once before, though I didn't meet the goal. This year I plan on beating the goal!

-Chris

Kira the wanderer

Thanks Chrisian! I've heard of thm, like I said before, but I never knew the details. I think I'll try it out! It sounds like fun and I always have one too many stories going onin my head. It'll be a good way for me to jot things down and clear my mind. I wouldn't mind working with WF for a "team" thing.

Hodge

pliable
I'm really tempted to do this... Really good timing, too, because I'm just about finished with an outline for a novel. But I have school work... But this will give me motivation to finish a novel! But I have school work!

Argh!

November works for me, I'm totally doing this.

valeca

Patron
I'd recommend NaNoWriMo to anyone regardless of experience/ability. There are participants from all age groups, all walks of life from all around the globe that do this each year.

I did NaNoWriMo '04 and got in my 50k. If I can do it, anyone can. C'mon! Do it, do it, do it!

LoneWolf

I'm in...November is right in the middle of my college application time, so I think it would help relax me and keep my mind off of stuff. Plus I just had a great idea for a novel today. So I'll do it!

Kira the wanderer

I've joined. Can't wait to start, I've had all these idea buzzing around in my head lately. But of course as soon as I heard of this my mind went blank, ha ha! Oh well, I have plenty of ideas. I hope I can accomplish this considering that I don't OWN a computer an' all...