Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

writing before bed? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenCat

What are thoughts and experiences about getting in one's writing before bed? Lately I've been trying to seize all kinds of writing opportunities, including on the bus to work. If we all/each have our own ideal time to write, We must also sometimes write when we can.

Bishop

WF Veterans
If you want to write before bed, go for it. Anytime one can find to write is time well spent.

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
I write evenings before bed a lot. I also write early mornings on weekends. Any time is good as long as it doesn't affect other aspects of your life negatively.

Kyle R

WF Veterans
Writing at night can be peaceful, especially if everyone else has gone to sleep. Sometimes this is the only break in the day where you get the time to write.

But it can also be more difficult, as your energy levels tend to be at their lowest. Fatigue (at least for me) sets in much quicker. Sometimes I simply fall asleep before getting anything significant done. Or I'm too tired to think or write clearly.

So, when possible, writing earlier in the day tends to give me better results. But everyone's different.

Like Bishop mentioned, any writing is better than no writing. :encouragement:

Jigawatt

I write in bed. It's my quiet time. I keep a Lamy Safari and several composition notebooks on the nightstand. If I'm too tired to work on a current project, then I'll just write my thoughts, no matter how corny. I think it's called automatic writing. Before I know it, an hour has passed. I've penned some good ideas before switching off the light.

ijswan

Writing in bed is a great oasis. It keeps my mind off of everything else, because it's dark, you just have the screen, and there are no distractions. It's the perfect time to craft your next masterpiece. :thumbl:

Allysan

Sometimes writing in bed is my only option as I have a clingy 2 yr old. It's soothing, but I get more done at the kitchen table with a glass of wine. Or in the bath! Hehe

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
Sometimes writing in bed is my only option as I have a clingy 2 yr old. It's soothing, but I get more done at the kitchen table with a glass of wine. Or in the bath! Hehe

I've written several short stories while taking a bath, laptop balanced over a trash can at the edge of the tub.

Allysan

I've written several short stories while taking a bath, laptop balanced over a trash can at the edge of the tub.

That's where most of my inspiration strikes. There's something about warm water that gets my creative juices flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.