Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Work in progress, a commission for Sonata :) (1 Viewer)

Sonata

Abi sent me that this morning and I could almost see my girl by my feet looking out of the doorway. Yes I could have gotten the photograph enlarged and printed but it would not have captured her soul, as Abi has done. Abi is going to do her epilepsy tag in colour - because my girl was epi and that made her special.

Thank you Abi, and thank you for posting it as my girl is now a part of WF.

Monaque

Really beautiful work, Abby, the work on the fir especially is impressive. I can see tiny differences between the two in the fir but they are very close. The eyes have it though, i always used to put some focus on the eyes too.
Awesome!

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
:hypnotysed::congratulatory: Abby...Sonata posted a picture of Epi in another thread...I would recognize that face anywhere... especially her soft expression. You captured her soul in her eyes... I know Sonata will treasure this... You are so friggin talented... I would be jealous if I were not so god smacked by the things you accomplish with a pencil....wellllll... AND your amazin gift...

Sonata

Abi worked her head off with this picture of my beloved Pereg. From just a photograph to this

28uqeb.jpg

My Pereg. My heart dog. My epi girl.

As she was, most of the day, looking outside the doorway watching the world going past.

Abi - I will forever be grateful to you for giving my girl back to me. And you have, because your drawing means so much more than the original photograph did.

And she will forever be wearing her tag, because that was what my girl was.

My Pereg.

Epi was her name.

Users who are viewing this thread