Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Words I like (1 Viewer)

The Backward OX

WF Veterans
When I was much younger, I would go into paroxysms of laughter over the word 'elephant,' as it looked such a stupid word.

It still looks stupid, but I've learned to control the laughing.

moderan

WF Veterans
That 'syzygy' looks like half a word from here. Didn't you forget the 'ium'?

Syzygy is a real word, unlike philangee, which I can't find anywhere. Szyygy is an astronomy term having to do with conjunctions of celestial bodies, either opposed or in a straight line, and is especially favored for use when three celestial bodies form a line.
Philangee appears to be jabberwocky. Can someone favor us with a definition?

Dreamworx95

WF Veterans
I was kidding about the word philangee. It was something made up that Pheobe said a lot on the t.v show Friends. Sorry for the confusion.

Like a Fox

WF Veterans
It's not made up. It's Phalange. It's a bone-joint thingy in fingers and toes.

I'm beginning to look like I have a finger fetish.

I also think Fingerling in The Number 23 was an awesome character name.

Users who are viewing this thread