Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Wordplay - making new words (1 Viewer)

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
I wouldn't be surprised if someone has started such a thread already, but how about sharing new words and possible definitions that could be a logical extension of existing words - the more humorous the better.

I'll throw a couple of examples in from my own head to give the idea:

psychophant - someone who grovels to their therapist

humanitarian - someone who eats humans (on the basis that a vegetarian eats vegetables).

That's the sort of thing I'd like people to aim for, but don't worry if you can't match my brilliance :)

Bloggsworth

WF Veterans
Allocate - How to greet the Duchess of Cambridge.

Bratwurst - The naughtiest of your children.

Farthing - Something a long way off.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
pillosophical - when someone thinks way to deeply about nonsense when they really should just go to bed.

Bloggsworth

WF Veterans
Acne - A walking stick for dyslexics.

Airbase - An air guitar with only 4 strings.

Amish - A bit like an arm.

Feckless - An Irishman who couldn't get his legover.

Users who are viewing this thread