Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

With a Single Step (1 Viewer)

S

silverwriter

Deleted. Thanks for the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

mammamaia

The journey of one thousand words

what is it you're referring to, with this repetitively-used phrase... none of the rest of the text really explains what you think it is... or am i just missing the obvious?

S

silverwriter

nope. not missing a thing. it's meant to be general for anyone who has ever been put down for who they are. it is meant to be applied as the reader sees fit. i have my idea, but i am just one individual with one experience. apply it to your own life, your own closet, whatever that may be.

Cipher2

That is a nice peice of writing: poetic, although maybe some of it is ambigous (whether it is metaphor or literal or what exactly the metaphor is). Depsite that, as a whole, I thought the way it describes a phenomenon of life was interesting.

S

silverwriter

maia - ah, i see what you're saying. eesh. i've made a bit of a misstep with this one. the piece is incomplete seeing as i haven't said why the speaker needs to speak the countless words. thank you for pointing that out to me.

Cipher2 - thank you for the comments and for reading. i'm afraid a revamp to be more specific is in order, but i'm glad you got something from it.

mammamaia

i'm glad you finally 'got' the glitch, sw... that's exactly why it was a major problem for me... there was no reference to what words were being referred to... whether spoken, or written... and by whom...

hugs, maia

Blackhawk_t

This is way deep. You can tell you sat down and took a lot of thought and heartfelt effort in to this. Coming out of the closet...so to speak. LOL Sorry, bad analogy.

I liked it, and I will refer others to read this. In fact, all the newcomers here should read it, because they are, as you say, taking that first step of a thousand.

Great job.

Ruben

Personally, a bit of an uncommon thing you've written here. Not that uncommon is bad (even said so in your essay ;)), but... wel... uncommon #-o
I like oddities :cool:

The message --meaning-- got through clear.

And honoustly, it makes me wonder, was their a special 'event' (in your life) that made you write this?

NOTE: Sorry for the emoticons, I felt they were needed :)

S

silverwriter

mammamaia - i still have the goal for this to be about anyone who sees something of him/herself in it. but, yes, i understand that the 'words' of the journey are not talked about and the first step toward the first words is.

Bt - i'm glad you liked it and thought of it as deep because i don't often let my philosophical side out. i like to keep that locked away before i start confusing even myself. hehe. thank you for the comments.

Ruben - hehe. thank you for commenting. let's say that this is a culmination of events of my life and observations in the life of one other who really inspired me to write this. i like oddities too. (and emoticons :) )

*hugs*
jaime

S

silverwriter

Selorian - many thanks for the kind comment. i can't help but write with a passion on subjects such as this.