Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Will the reader be able to figure this out, or do I need to explain more? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpony

I was wondering if this can be figured out, just by watching it happen, or do I need to put in more background explanation.

I feel I should give a CONTENT WARNING though, in describing this part of the plot.

In the plot their are villains who are a groupe tha are kidnapping and sexually assaulting people because they are constantly being rejected by people in society, making them involuntarily celibate and rejected in a sexual or romantic way. So they are doing these crimes as a form or revenge and wanting to make a statement out of it.

They want to recruit a new member into the group, and want the new recruit to rape a kidnapped victim as a test to get in. The new recruit cannot do it however, and gets cold feet. The new recruit now fears he is liable so he runs and escapes and a chase ensues but he gets away.

Later in the story, it is revealed that the kidnapped victim is now all of a sudden working with the gang and she is shown to be in collusion with them. It's a screenplay so I cannot write what the characters are thinking, only what they are doing more so.

But does this make sense and you understand why she was posing as a false victim for the recruitment test for them, or no? Do I have to explain more?

The reason is, is because in case the new recruit turns out to an undercover cop, and there are other cops waiting looking to bust them, they then cannot be busted for a kidnapping, if the victim never says a kidnapping took place. So the false victim gives them an out, if they are busted by an undercover.

But will the reader understand that, or do I need to explain this more? Thanks for any advice on it! I really appreciate it!

JackSlater28

Rich Evans voice: "I'm through with rape!"

Only kidding. Just an inside joke. Okay, so you have an organization of sexually frustrated people(men?) that are recruiting people into their den of sexual revenge. So is this something like Fight Club? But instead it's Rape Club? The first thing about rape club is to rape people who talk about rape club? I have to ask what is the goal of the organization besides simply rape though. It sounds as if they specifically targeted your protagonist and set him up for some reason? If that's the case, the rape group itself could be instead used specifically to bring your protagonist down, and their raping was actually proven to be a false front all along. Further, this group would actually turn out to be a conspiracy of sorts - maybe even being linked with the Illuminati?

I mean, the way it sets up is a little odd, but it could work. I guess the main detractors to your story would be those offended by the subject of rape being so prevalent. But everybody is offended by everything these days. That said, I would definitely try and flesh it out more, because on the surface, it's a little too out there to be a believable story.

ironpony

Oh okay thanks. Fight Club is a good comparison, I would say it's like what you described. They are committing rape as a form of revenge for all the sexual and romantic rejection they have recieved all their lives, so they are trying to justify their revenge, if that makes sense.

The new recruit is not the protagonist but a supporting character. The protagonist is a cop trying to bring them down, and investigating from the outside more so. But the group is not out to set up the new recruit, they are just wanting to recruit a new member into the group, to make the group bigger.

As for rape being so prevalent, is it more prevalent now than before? I thought it was always prevalent, unless I'm wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.