Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Will I be able to make it? (1 Viewer)

Kira the wanderer

Hey I was wondering how far every is so far. NaNoWriMo is nearly over! Where do the days go?! Everything seems to be flying by lately, all but my progress. I have almost (about 5 hundred off) from 22k. Is there a chance that I can make it at all? I don't have a computer and I have missed out on four days of typing because my only chance of doing anything takes place in the library. Stupid school computers hate me and broke my USB driv so I had to go out and buy a new one! After that delay I got started the very next chance I could. I typed about 4k yesterday to make up for the amount I missed the day before even though I intended to do 6k. So there are only a few more days until its over. I'm thinking about doind 2k a day at minimum. Will that be enough?

Kira the wanderer

I wish I had some sort of guideline. But I think if I reach 30k by the 21st I'll be ok, but I have to miss out on the last day because that's my mom's b-day...

Shade53

anything is possible - according to my nano support group - there was one woman who finished in four days ;) (don't know that for certain and have not verified it myself) and I know (for certain) of at least 2 who completed the 50k in 15 days. Just do what you can. in the end Nano is more a contest with yourself - to see just how far you can push yourself.

Good luck
~S

Kira the wanderer

I understand that but I don't own a computer. So even if I want to push myself there are times when I can't do anything about it. I know I can if I really try but I also can't sit in front of a screen forever with nothing to do but type. Don't get me wrong- I love to write but if I concentrate too hard and too long on a single story I'll loose interest in it myself and that's the last thing I want to do. I haven't even touched my other stories and I'm having this erge to continue on a certain one. If I loose interest on my NaNo I fear I won't be able to finish.

S

silverwriter

Well you are certainly a lot farther than I am and I'm not giving up. I just figure I'll keep doing as much as I can until the final flag waves. I'm simply proud of myself for even attempting such a feat.

*hugs*

Kat

You don't have to love your story to continue to write it. Just write, even if it's stupid, that's what editing is for.

Kira the wanderer

Oh no, I do love it. Or at least the characters. I ran into an extra thing or two that I didn't plan on doing... I'm on the last chaptr before I start part two. My chapters are reasonably short, and my characters are really starting to develope. I just cn't make myself wrie when I honestly don't want to. I barely pulled off 2k yesterday because I want to do what I normally do: go on the internet doing absoulutely nothing and goofing off with my online friends. Just a break. I plan on goin gon a long, long sleep after this.