Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

why does each person try and come up with something new (1 Viewer)

whoamI

i dont really know what to say. I am a college student who no longer finds enjoyment in life. My life is full of incredibly good things occuring right alongside incredibly awful things. I am awaiting my time to end and while i wait i plan to leave my thoughts. i used to have a passion and a gift in writing and therefore i will leave my thoughts on paper as it seems to be something to keep me busy until my life is at its end.

R

rcc

The fact that you are writing is evidence that you haven't entirely lost interest in life. Everyone enters dark, lonely, seemingly meaningless phases of life, many times. Though it doesn't seem like it when you're in the mire, light will come. This is the cosmic way of things. Just don't resist or try to make a mood of being happier when you are not. A cliche that holds true is "What you resist persists." Keep writing. It's an excellent way to get through the hard times.

whoamI

I can understand your belief that i am in the dark and am looking for the light. But i am not. I hate to complain as i feel selfish, but my life is no longer useful for anything but passing on my knowledge to the next person. I know i may sound like i am just another young person who is in a depressive phase and who knows that is always a possibility. but i wonder if that is just a reaction that everyone gives because that is what they experience. Not everyones experiences are the same i remind you. My life has been filled with pain since i can remember. With every good thing came something equally as bad if not worse. I have been diagnosed with multiple chronic illnesses. yet here i am complaining. This is not what i meant to do. i mean only to explain that everyone is different and maybe for some of us we wont follow the natural events of life. I am not here to complain as i have no need to complain. despite the pain and the unhappiness i am content with my life because it is my life. But i wont lie and say that when and if it finds an end i wont be underappreciative of the gift of death.

Mira

Life is only what you make of it. If you are not content with the life you are living, or find no meaning in it, then change it! There are some many ways to give your life meaning. It may sound cliche, but some volunteer work usually gives people a feeling of self-worth. Or what about learning a new skill? Or perfecting the skills you already have (such as writing!)? We all go through rough times in life, the most important thing is to fight past these times, with the knowledge that things will get better. Hope you are able to find this better period of time!!

Hawke

Patron
Patron
Hello and welcome to the forums, whoamI. So glad you've joined our community. :)

The advice you've received is excellent. Hopefully coming here will also help. I find writing quite cathartic, be it short stories, novels, or even blog writing.

Enjoy the site and the many wonderful people here. And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Charlie_Eleanor

Death is a good thing to respect. But, death will be much sweeter if you have actually lived your life.

So, my friend, instead of sitting here taking the time to think about what you are going to pass on to other people...why not think about what you want and do it. Life is as equal a gift as death. You are only eating half of the pie.

I am sure your experience is very unique to anyones, just as mine, and everyone else on here is. My challenge to you is to make it as interesting as you can. Do something crazy that you have always wanted to do. Take control! Experience things! Pass that on to people if you want.

You know that you are going to die, but you don't know how long you have to live.

And if I die before I wake,
I hope I ate that cherry cobler in the freezer...

I can understand your belief that i am in the dark and am looking for the light. But i am not. I hate to complain as i feel selfish, but my life is no longer useful for anything but passing on my knowledge to the next person. I know i may sound like i am just another young person who is in a depressive phase and who knows that is always a possibility. but i wonder if that is just a reaction that everyone gives because that is what they experience. Not everyones experiences are the same i remind you. My life has been filled with pain since i can remember. With every good thing came something equally as bad if not worse. I have been diagnosed with multiple chronic illnesses. yet here i am complaining. This is not what i meant to do. i mean only to explain that everyone is different and maybe for some of us we wont follow the natural events of life. I am not here to complain as i have no need to complain. despite the pain and the unhappiness i am content with my life because it is my life. But i wont lie and say that when and if it finds an end i wont be underappreciative of the gift of death.

Charlie_Eleanor

CowbellMordor.gif

female_writer

i dont really know what to say. I am a college student who no longer finds enjoyment in life. My life is full of incredibly good things occuring right alongside incredibly awful things. I am awaiting my time to end and while i wait i plan to leave my thoughts. i used to have a passion and a gift in writing and therefore i will leave my thoughts on paper as it seems to be something to keep me busy until my life is at its end.

If youre a writer then your gonna be depressed some times, just come to terms with that fact and stop being so damn dramatic. ;)

Creative people are hyper-aware of everything around them, hence the ability to chronicle it well.This very trait can also make them ultra-sensitive to things that seem to roll off everyone else.

Its a trade-off, as is everything in life.

Stop sulking and start using your talent to help yourself and others.

Looking forward to reading your work. :)

Nickie

WF Veterans
First of all, welcome to the forum. Next, I'm not young anymore, have gone through many things - and I can assure you: life is worth living. Nothing is so bad that it can't be changed. But only if YOU want to. That's the most important thing. You need to be willing to make those changes. I knew a girl who had a tumor in her head, and although she felt sad at times and was crying for a while, she still kept up her teaching job until she could no more. Being in the class with students and the contact with the other teacher helped her a lot, she always said.

Nickie

This is pretty much what I was about to post in my thread.

I have a diary of ramblings stories and life experiences that I want to try and organise into a book that my parents friends and family can read so they can try and understand the daily struggle I have with Bi-Polar disorder.

whoamI

thank you

Thank you for your replies and your feedback. I realize that my job in life is to pass on the knowledge that i have gained in life to others. It is always what i have been good at and it is what i enjoy doing. this is the reason why i am becoming a teacher. However my life will always be full of a sense of mediocrity and misery. i was diagnosed with crohns disease and since then my life has been fulll of misery, and yet at the same time full of learning. i have grown old faster than anyone my age. I have problems with my body that usually dont happen until you are old. I have learned from this and have used my condition to improve myself and am always trying to do so. But i will always feel that when my death comes, which will probbalby a lot sooner than it otherwise would have been, i will gladly accept it. Despite the joy that i still sometimes find in life i am getting worse and worse everyday. My days are filled with constant pain. I am determined that it is my job in life to give what knowledge i have learneed so early to my peers before my time comes thus my writing comes around. Once again thank you.

B

batwing

Just joining and reading.........

Hi all....this is my first visit and first post to this site. I'm a frustrated writer at heart. LOVE to read,LOVE to write. Should have oodles of ideas for childrens stories from my 25+ years as a school bus driver. I'm almost 70.Took up bike riding this past summer and have been kayaking since I was 55. Just flat-water....nothing exciting like rapids. Too old for that! I LOVE all animals and have several dogs. Would have more if I could. Have 3 kids,many grandkids,step grandkids,half grandkids,etc. Oldest is 24,youngest is 2 1/2.
Some fun!!
WhoamI.....I have to address your problem of Crohns disease! My youngest daughter was diagnosed at 17 with celiac disease. Have you ever been tested for that?? It's quite often misdiagnosed as Crohn's,as well as other ailments. Also,I've read many times in "alternative medicine" articles,etc. that the diarrhea that comes with Crohn's can be much alleviated by eating
Archway coconut macaroons!!! Don't know why,and don't know why it has to be Archway......must be some special ingredient or something. Just 3 or 4 cookies a day,so they say. It's sure worth a try.
Looking fwd to "meeting" all of you.......

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Hi, whoamI,

I don't have any wisdom to impart that's really adequate or that I feel you'll accept. I'll simply extend a wholehearted "Welcome!" and encourage you to interact here...don't simply chronicle your thoughts but allow yourself to be a part of the community.

It would be a disservice for you to hold yourself away from people willing to know you.

Glad you're here,

~Foxee

female_writer

This is pretty much what I was about to post in my thread.

I have a diary of ramblings stories and life experiences that I want to try and organise into a book that my parents friends and family can read so they can try and understand the daily struggle I have with Bi-Polar disorder.

Hi Andy James,
Almost missed you, you kinds snuck in there.
I think your idea of a book for your friends n fam sounds wonderful.
Whatever it takes to enlighten our loved ones on why we torment them as we do, right?

Welcome.

smilinghelps

Death is a good thing to respect. But, death will be much sweeter if you have actually lived your life.

So, my friend, instead of sitting here taking the time to think about what you are going to pass on to other people...why not think about what you want and do it. Life is as equal a gift as death. You are only eating half of the pie.

I am sure your experience is very unique to anyones, just as mine, and everyone else on here is. My challenge to you is to make it as interesting as you can. Do something crazy that you have always wanted to do. Take control! Experience things! Pass that on to people if you want.

You know that you are going to die, but you don't know how long you have to live.

And if I die before I wake,
I hope I ate that cherry cobler in the freezer...

You are wise beyond your years Charlie! The pie metaphor~ Damn girl, you makin' me hungry!:lol:

Hi Andy James,
Almost missed you, you kinds snuck in there.
I think your idea of a book for your friends n fam sounds wonderful.
Whatever it takes to enlighten our loved ones on why we torment them as we do, right?

Welcome.

Thanks for the kind words.

It's mainly for my mother and father. I keep my feelings and emotions so deep inside me that I have come to realise that my pain is their pain and to share my darkest thoughts with them when my mood changes, is one way I can try and give back after I have taken so much.

female_writer

Thanks for the kind words.

It's mainly for my mother and father. I keep my feelings and emotions so deep inside me that I have come to realise that my pain is their pain and to share my darkest thoughts with them when my mood changes, is one way I can try and give back after I have taken so much.

Most people keep their real feelings buried sweety, youre not doing so bad their. Learning when it is appropriate to reveal our deepest selves is a journey in life that I believe never ends.

If you are truly (diagnosed) bi-polar (and its not just some label they slapped on your back as people tend to do when someone is maybe just clinically depressed) may I say something?
Its a much more common dis-order than you probably realize at your young age. People live with it, learn coping skills and even thrive, many with medication, some without.

As parents, we view our unconditional love as our childrens birthright, so dont worry too much about "repaying" them.

Always remember that YOU are stronger than your thoughts, thoughts are fleeting, the core of who you are as a strong human being cannot be taken away by some scary thoughts that knock on the door of your mind, tell those thoughts to go to hell and dont answer the door next time. Empowerment excercises like this really helped a family member of mine.

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread