Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Why Do You Write? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galen

WF Veterans
I have always been a writer. When I was hitting three I had written my first story. Like, seriously. I couldn't write in English, because I was just a toddler, but I would draw in hieroglyphs, not comic-book style, seriously hieroglyph-type style, just not egyptian. You'd have the whole story mapped out in hieroglyphs and you could follow it perfectly. When I learnt to speak I'd dictate to my mother and she'd write it down for me. So, now I'm 18, and I never stopped. It's just nature, to me, I know nothing else. I couldn't even tell you why, on a philosophical or subconscious level, I don't know why - I'm a writer, it's what I do! I don't care for or particularly want a career in it though. I'd like a few publications, but to me, or for me, it's not an occupation.

I understand perfectly. While I have written in spurts, since my tweens, I have worked in the print industry because I love words. I love they way they look, the way they sound and how they can invoke emotions or images and more. I love books. I used to have a very large library. Now, I am learning to love words on the internet in its many forms.

I always have a notebook with me along with lots of pens, so that when I get an idea or something interesting happens I write it down.

JosephB

Why do I write you ask? I write because words are like water to me. They flow from my mind like water, over a waterfall and into a pool of water. And that pool of water is called a “story.”

Gonzalothethird

When I started writing, I had no excitement and no adventures that I decided to conjure my own excitement and adventures. After a few years, I felt that I could share my vision with the world. A few years after that, I actually shared them. I keep writing today with the same aspirations and dreams any other writer has, but I also write to keep sane...ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.