Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Why are you breaking up with the person above you? (2 Viewers)

lasm

WF Veterans
Because you dusty old tenured professors need to quit resting on your laurels and get with the times! How many monographs on Joyce can one person write, anyway?

Ol' Fartsy

Because of your ridiculously large rump roast never came out the same when you put it on the '69 Dodge Charger engine.

Wessik

Because you insist that my research on quantum loop gravity as a viable alternative to string theory is complete hokum even though you're a big meanie head and I know you are but what am I.

Also, trouble in paradise.

Winston

WF Veterans
Because when you built that supercollider, you tore up my back yard. Kentucky Bluegrass is hard to grow, you know.

Just had to top CERN, didn't ya?

Ol' Fartsy

Because you forgot to tell me that Optimus Prime was going to blow up the ship that Megatron built to exterminate the Autobots with!

Winston

WF Veterans
Because you cut the brake lines on my car. Twice. And laughed when I got out of the hospital each time.

LaughinJim

If by that you mean learning curve, you are absolutely right. I would that it were vertical but that is not possible so I'll settle for a hyperbola. Now that we have that out of the way: We're through because you think you can solve every problem with a whisp of grapeshot and life is just a wee bit more complicated than that.

LaughinJim

That sound's like some real sour mashed potatoes.

Because you wrote the Pergatorio but not the Inferno, the one that really needed your attention.

LaughinJim

Because you laughed when I asked you to go whale watching with me and then cried when I took you to the mirror.

Ol' Fartsy

Because you never wanted to eat at the Crab Shack again after they told you that you were eating the cheapest crabcakes in town.

Vitaly Ana

WF Veterans
Its a shame because she is a sweet gal who knows how to have fun, but Sunny hails from Canada and Canada is just too dang' cold!

LaughinJim

Because I am moving in the other direction: to a bunker deep beneath the Earth where I will supervise the removal of all oil wealth from countries that don't deserve it, and give it to countries who are committed (really committed, not nominally committed) to alternative sources of energy.

Users who are viewing this thread