Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Who is your favourite author and which is your favourite book by him? (2 Viewers)

JBF

Cormac McCarthy for the author, probably.

I'm flexible on the specific title.

ehbowen

Robert Heinlein. ​Starship Troopers.

Edit To Add: For female author, it would be Anne McCaffrey: Dragonquest. But Heinlein and Pournelle would both be ahead of her IMHO.

thepancreas11

New Writers' Mentor
WF Veterans
At the moment, it's George Saunders and my favorite book is "Lincoln in the Bardo". Could not recommend this book enough.

Turnbull

Hm...it's hard to pick a favorite, because I'm more of a topic person than an author person. Uh...GK Chesterton? O'Henry?

If it's military nonfiction we're talking about, I love Eric Bergerud's Touched With Fire.

Reactions: PiP

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
I've always loved George Orwell. As a student of Politics, his 1984 is my favorite.

considering when the book was written, Orwell was well adhead of his time. Who knew he could see into the future. We willingly and even unwittingly allow devices into our home that monitor our conversations and even email content and browsing history. Big Brother is listening...

Users who are viewing this thread