Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Who Is Joann? (1 Viewer)

Joann

Hi everyone,
I'm a new member here and am hoping there are going to be enough nice people to help me find my way around. I am a moderator in another forum so I do know a bit about forums ... just that this one is a little different to those I'm used to.
Looking forward to being a regular contributor very soon.
Joann. :wink:

Last edited:

Shinn

Hello there and welcome to Writing Forums, Joann! :)

I hope you enjoy being here with like-minded writers, and find the help that you are looking for.

Also, offer your critiques from time to time.

~ Shinn

Shinn

Hi again Joann. :)

What kind of writing do you do? I'm currently writing a crime/horror book, the "Pentacles & Crosses" series, about an LAPD detective trying to solve the case of a young Wiccan girl and a young vampire being murdered mysteriously. :)

~ Shinn

Joann

Hi again Shinn,
I have had some factual 'I am a ...' pieces published in 'Guiding' plus a children's story for the Thompson group.
But my current interest is for short stories, one of which (about 5,000 words) I have just completed and am hoping to prepare for submission very soon.
I also have dabbled in poetry ... but maybe the less said about that the better.

Last edited:

Joann

Thank you all for your kind words of welcome. I'm hoping that in time I may have the priviledge of becoming a friend to you all.
In the meantime may I be bold enough to quote ...

Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803-1882

... and point out some obvious facts ...
  • J K Rowling
  • J K Rowling
  • J K Rowling ;) ;) ;)