Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What's your Word Count? (1 Viewer)

kagechaos

Here's mine: (Yes, I wasted time doing this instead of the story. That means my brain is currently unable to add to my story at the moment.)

Current Word Count: 816 / 50,000
Percentage: 1.6%
Days Left: 25
Words per day needed: Approx. 1,970

kagechaos

Yeah, I know I'm way behind. One of these days I'm gonna try to go crazy on it and get a couple thousand more...that would help.

Current Word Count: 1090 / 50,000
Percentage: 2.18%
Days Left: 24
Words per day needed: Approx. 2,040

CandieK

current Word Count is 2285

...Last two days I haven't added even one word. I really need to get the ball rolling.

Scarecrow

Wow, I thought I was doing pretty badly (haven't been able to write much lately because of end of semester assignments) but I'm doing better than most of you. Thus making me a better person.

~7500

CandieK

Scarecrow said:
Wow, I thought I was doing pretty badly (haven't been able to write much lately because of end of semester assignments) but I'm doing better than most of you. Thus making me a better person.

~7500

Congradulations on not having a life

;)

I've still got you beat, and I've written four words in the last three days.

Not four thousand.

Four.

I really need to step it up.

Word Count: 21,672/50,000

Omnisu

So it's a race you want, eh?

No, I can't race. :( I'm going to run out of story before 40k and have to spend the last week padding out an extra 10k.

wmd

Well... I sit at a measly 1777...

I have not written a word in about a week, but I start a three day weekend today so perhaps I can add a little more and start catching up.

Now if only I can get off these friggin message boards.. :)

Hakeem

I have 83. :grin:
:mrgreen:

I quit. I only accumulated 4,000 during the first week, then decided to stop because I fell behind and the story was going no where. It was fun while it lasted though.

I'll wait for the next year, and hopefully I can pull it off by then.

Last edited:

George_Moyle

I'm slowing mine down. Not quitting it, but I'm not going to do my story in a month (see signature for a link to the story Secrets of Serodor). I decided it's better to take your time and have quality instead of quantity.

Sincerely,

George Moyle

Omnisu

In the mortal words of someone, "The first draft of anything is shit".

Now, you can assume that some certain percentage of your work is going to be totally awesome. Say that percentage is 20%. You want 10 thousand words of pure genius? You have to write another 40 thousand of shit. Nanowrimo is about making you write, it's about making you practice. It doesn't matter if you write total crap as long as it gets written. And who knows, it might just turn out to be good.

It is kind of late to get started though. I only have to write 1039 words a day to get done on time, and that's totally awesome. :)