Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What's Your Nano Word Count? (1 Viewer)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Well done, Plu!

I remember when I hit the 40,000 mark the last 10,000 words flowed easily. Up until that point it felt like I'd been pushing water uphill.

bookmasta

WF Veterans
42,020 -

Anybody still in this thing?

While I haven't been participating directly in Nanowrimo, I've been keeping track of the word count in the rewrite of one of my manuscripts. My total for this month stands at 51,014. So I guess to an extent, I was in it, and now I'm out of it.

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
While I haven't been participating directly in Nanowrimo, I've been keeping track of the word count in the rewrite of one of my manuscripts. My total for this month stands at 51,014. So I guess to an extent, I was in it, and now I'm out of it.

Hey, that counts! Nice work.

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
I sooo badly wanted to just bury this thing tonight, but I don't think I have 7500 left in me today. :) At least I have the balance of the story mapped out in my head, and I think it's going to go a bit over 50k. Maybe that will leave something useable after editing (my concern with a novel this short is after hacking out and editing, it might not retain enough length). -- Oh well, I'm going to get the story down and worry about all that later.
View attachment 6899

Edit - 46,029... Finishing up tomorrow night I hope. Story's going great.

Last edited:

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
Ka-Boom! I wrote 4,000 words today and buttoned up the rough draft. Probably another 3-4k in filling holes in the plot, then I'll start hacking and whacking on it. No real idea whether it's long enough to be considered a real novel, but I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Good story, decent characters. Increase in self-discipline, which is why I like to do this in the first place. Thanks for the support, those of you that do. :)

I hope anyone else who's pushing to finish this has good luck in their final thrust. I'm glad to see that 50k mark, m'self.

View attachment 6920

Playboy V

Total of what I wrote in November is 5017 words. Just 10,000 short of Nanos minimum. Fuck it, I'm lucky if I can find enough power within to complete some shit by the end of 2014.

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor

Meh. Better than last year, and maybe next year I'll be smart enough to know at least somewhat what I'm writing instead of just typing. On the plus side, it was good practice and I know a little more about my characters.

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
When I finished last night. I was at 23K. I kind of just faded off the last week. I had a week off Uni, and I took advantage of it with friends and family.

Crodentia

I finished NaNo early with 107,683 words because--for all intents and purposes--I did not have a life for the month of November, and I didn't sleep very much.

Kyle R

WF Veterans
1,687 so far. I'm behind on Day Two already, but I've got some spare time today to make up the difference. Onward! :D

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
Good luck, guys. I'm not doing it this year, although I am working on finishing last years attempt. Think I'm a little over 24,000 now.