Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What's Your Nano Word Count? (1 Viewer)

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
I did not have a good writing weekend at all. Matter of fact, it didn't happen for me this weekend. Today though I am back on the pony. My Nano piece is now at 11,229 words, and far behind schedule. Though, I do in face hope to bring my word count up this coming weekend.

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
Same here, Skodt. I'm at 12,000 and it's going to take a lot of extra daily writing to win. Doubt it'll happen at this point, but it doesn't matter all that much to me. I'll keep the story going until it's done whether the 30th or next July.

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
I'm at 16680. Today was mind-numbing after a twelve hour day at work including driving to Alabama and back, of all things. Still wrote enough to catch today's quota. :)

Bishop

WF Veterans
10,772 today.

So I didn't get any work done over the weekend. I bought an Xbox One. Between Call of Duty and now Halo: the Master Chief Collection, I didn't write what I should have. BUT FEAR NOT...

I'm working three saturday shifts and working black friday. The offices will be empty, and I will be writing. I'm definitely going to be able to make up for the lost time! Anyway, back to AT LEAST get today's minimum done...

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
10,772 today.

So I didn't get any work done over the weekend. I bought an Xbox One. Between Call of Duty and now Halo: the Master Chief Collection, I didn't write what I should have. BUT FEAR NOT...

I'm working three saturday shifts and working black friday. The offices will be empty, and I will be writing. I'm definitely going to be able to make up for the lost time! Anyway, back to AT LEAST get today's minimum done...

So then you're not actually going to get any work done those days...just write. I'm telling your boss.

Of course, I could easily forget what I heard if a batch of cookies were to appear on my desk.

Bishop

WF Veterans
So then you're not actually going to get any work done those days...just write. I'm telling your boss.

Of course, I could easily forget what I heard if a batch of cookies were to appear on my desk.

>.>

I'd worry about that, but I'm fairly certain they're aware I write a lot at work. So much of my time is sitting, waiting for the phone to ring with a server crash or data failure. Ah, tech.

Still. Expect the cookies at midnight.

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
>.>

I'd worry about that, but I'm fairly certain they're aware I write a lot at work. So much of my time is sitting, waiting for the phone to ring with a server crash or data failure. Ah, tech.

Still. Expect the cookies at midnight.

No fair, they make me do stuff. Even on Saturdays.

Chewy chocolate chip would be awesome.

Mistique

WF Veterans
I have had to abandon NaNoWriMo. After about a week of working hard every day the faitigue of the MS caught up with me and knocked my mind out to a barely concious level. This is too much for me, so I will continue (with the guidance of my writing coach) at a slower pace. I will get there in the end, I will just be the turtle and not the hare.

Bishop

WF Veterans
I have had to abandon NaNoWriMo. After about a week of working hard every day the faitigue of the MS caught up with me and knocked my mind out to a barely concious level. This is too much for me, so I will continue (with the guidance of my writing coach) at a slower pace. I will get there in the end, I will just be the turtle and not the hare.

Getting there is what's important, not the days needed to achieve it. Hope you're doing okay, Misti!

Mistique

WF Veterans
Getting there is what's important, not the days needed to achieve it. Hope you're doing okay, Misti!

That is exactly my thinking. I am fine. A few more days of taking it slow - knitting chrismas decorations mostly or just sleeping - and I am back to my 'normal' self, whatever that might be! Thanks for the response.

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
I have broke the 12k mark. I really hope I find some fire this weekend. I will be finishing up my paper for Uni tonight, and that means a little more free time! So, we will see if it goes into this story or my main piece.

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
18,405. My butt hurts, and I'm going for a jog. If I keel over in traffic, somebody finish this damn thing for me by the end of the month. :)

CraniumInsanium

I'm at 1333. Totally just meandering as I go. Suppose that's what I get for just jumping in with no planning. When I'm at work I'm trying to imagine the way the larger pieces fit together, in order to....build up to checkpoints in the story of which I have no idea what they are so far. Nano is good for what it's worth I guess, just for forcing out the words. I figure there'll be a breakthrough when everything just flows.

If anyone remembers from the last Literary maneuvers I was in, this is a tie-in to the story I wrote. Sci-fi isn't what I'm really familiar with, and I've been waiting to dip my toes into the murky void which is science fiction. So...Kelsaw gets the larger novel she probably deserves. Or that universe gets it's story I guess. Yay, ALIENS!!! Also, there's probably several topics which I should probably do research on, and I've never till now done research, so thus the over-thinking things I'm clueless about. Which is why being a writer is fun, I CAN MAKE EVERYTHING UP BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Bishop

WF Veterans
12,796. Back on-track, still have about 300 words to write today, then I will be feeling good. Still a ways to go before caught up with where I SHOULD be.

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
13,217 is the new word count. About 1,200 words today. Which is pretty good considering my mind is fried from a 12 page paper, that ended up being 15 pages, for Uni. All in all, a productive day I suppose.

Pluralized

Black Dracula
WF Veterans
Broke the 20k marker today. I was feeling all momentum-ish until I read about a guy who's at 47k today and will finish up "probably tonight." :)

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
Holy cow. I doubt I will even make the mark, and people are already finishing. I will just pretend no matter what, that mine is better, or he has no life.

J Anfinson

Retired Supervisor
I have a feeling most of those people are writing stream-of-consciousness malarky to make those word counts. I actually tried it, but it felt so pointless I couldn't make myself do it for long.

Users who are viewing this thread