Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

what's your favourite cartoon strip? (1 Viewer)

petrel}

I think the Farside cartoons are the best. It takes a special kind of person with a warped sense of humour...oops... maybe I shouldn't have said that: people might get ideas about me.

Ralizah

American: Garfield takes the cake.

Japanese: Azumanga Daioh, a weekly 3-panel manga series published in a male-themed magazine. Funniest series ever.

Tyson

FARSIDE!! is the best may I say. They are never really repettitive and there are tons of them.

Michael

If your local paper doesn't carry "Frazz", you owe it to yourself to check out the strip. You can read it (and many more) at comics.com.

Frazz is definitely one of the most literate comic strips I've ever seen. It's smart, genuinely funny, and makes references to real literature.

Another reason I like it is that there are a bunch of people (myself included) who believe that Bill Watterson is actually doing Frazz under a pseudonym. If you Google "Frazz Watterson Conspiracy" or "Calvin Hobbes Frazz" or something like that, you should find a site or two with the theories on it.

Cora Windover

My two favorites are Zits and Calvin and Hobbes.... especially Calvin and Hobbes.

As for Japanese manga.... oh don't even get me started. But my absolutefavorites are Kodocha and Cardcaptor Sakura (NOT THE ANIME, JUST THE MANGA)

lisajane

Farside. Those who like Farside should look at the picture book, There's A Hair In My Dirt. Same guy, but I think the picture book's a bit difficult to find (my brother spent three years searching).

Just been introduced to Calvin and Hobbes. A friend sent me a book of this comic, it's not so bad (what I've read).

S

Something Less Than Epic

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

'nough said.