Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

what would you call this??? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunox

I swear. there is this word I am looking for but it may ot exist. I know of certan series that have confections to their own sequels but no characters, places, or anything but vague concept and theme to any of said sequel{for the most part}.. final fantasy and gundam or such series. what would you call the stuff or type of series these are name wise.. ty...

kunox

possibly... but nothing other than the theme is te connection.. so I will say no for now.

kunox

nope.. anthology fits into one thing... as far as i know... this would be that but each poem would be it's own novel...

apocalypsegal

I'm pretty sure it's only considered a sequel if there's some connection other than theme. Otherwise, every horror book would be a sequel to every other horror book.

Anthologies are collections of stories by different authors. A collection by a single author is sometimes called an omnibus. The only connection those stories may have would be the fact that they're written by the same person. They would typically be the same genre.

kunox

by your definition then... final fantasy 1 through 12 is twelve different series... or gundam wings is a different series from the original gundam.... the only word I can come up with is franchise but that is to big of a scope... as for horror books.. they are not the all the same series.. no clue why but every final fantasy has chocobo and an air ship... and other things.. but not every thing with ghost has the same ghost.... every final fantasy has thye same type of chocobo though.

kunox

and before you say this is a video game and a tv show... gundam is a manga... meaning comic book.... so the rules still apply

kunox

shin megami has tv series that prove this to be the case.... ther point some series do not share locations or characters.. or worlds.. but are apart of the same series because they share the same conceptual theme. this doesn't mean that everything that does this is though.

kunox

possible... it's ether that or franchise.... I swear it is one or the other.... I think though... entry can be any series... sadly this would have to be exclusive to series that share nothing but "thematic elements exclusive to itself series wise." not just ghost, marines, or zombies. ty each of you.

MistWolf

Universe for a sandbox of large scope, covering several eras. For example, there's the Star Trek Universe, DC Universe, Star Wars Universe.

Saga for something smaller. The stories Louis L'Amour wrote about the Sacketts are part of the Sackett Saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.