Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What Stephen King movie scared you the most? (1 Viewer)

asdar

For me it was Pet Semetary. You just knew when he was carrying his son up there pure evil would come out and it freaked me out soooo much.

I know for my brother it was Salem's Lot. When the boys friend floated up and tapped on the window he freaked. I used to make fun of him for sleeping with his head under the covers for months after that.

This isn't to see what you think his BEST movie was, just the one that had a scene that scared you the most.

DarkAriel

Hm, gotta think about this--(biggest Stephen King fan in the world)

The Shining--no competition. Prob is i've seen all these movies a thousand times and they dont scare me so much anymore, but The Shining is still so unsetteling, the hallways, the camer angles, the scattered blood, the weird ghosts *shiver*

Carrie is second best me thinks.

asdar

Oh yeah, the Shining was freaky. Kissing that young/old ghost about made me lose my lunch.

I was ready for that one when I saw it, I'd read the book already or I'd probably have that up top.

gohn67

IT is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. But maybe that was becuase I was 11 at the time.

I agree with BBgun, Dreamcatcher is hilarious. I also heard cabin fever is hilariious too. I'm going to rent it just for laughs.

nae411

Forum Hottie
"Misery", I haven't seen "The Shining" I am scared too, :0(.
I read "IT", and that freaked me out, but the movie was only ahhh...

Nae

River1034

The shining got me, i watched it before i'd read the book, it was also the first horror movie i'd ever seen (My parents didnt let me watch scary movies).

Kimberly Bird

Let's see, I would say The Shining, still can't watch the whole movie without taking a break: Misery, that's just creepy; It, read the book and watched them film the movie in B.C. Movie was okay, book was better though.

Kimberly

Shadeslayer

The scariest King's movie? It was for me:

Kingdom Hospital
Pet Cemetry
The Shining
It (That clown movie was one of the most scariest)

I hate the part in "It" when the little boy is taking a shower, and then the clown is hovering over him like a ghost. Uggh! Not to mention when the little girl is walking around the laundry pile, and then the clowns pops out of nowhere and freakin eats her dead!

I pratically hid in my blankets, and it was almost like my hair stood on end like a porcupine. Seriously. *Shudders*

Shaun1138

'It' was shown in two parts and the 1st one was really good, then, as so often happens with Stephen King, the second half was a let down to say the least....remember 'Kingdom Hospital'..., although is was a remake i still enjoyed it...right upto the final episode....once again big let down.

poison2themind

umm... first of all.... i hate scary movies, but oddly enough, his movies dont scare me. i have seen so many of them but none of them really had me on the edge of my seat. I am a huge stephen king fan, but i think the only movie that kinda had me going was in the newer version of 'the shining' when the kid goes up in the room and he sees the dead lady in the tub.

poison2themind

Oh another thing. kingdom hospital wasnt really a movie, more like a mini series. i dont know if that would count. Maybe if your talking just stephen king productions in general or just the movies. also in my personal oppinon, i am ashamed to say it, but kingdom hospital wasnt that good at all...

IT scared me insanely. I watched that movie when I was ten and I couldn't go in the bathroom unless I could see all the drains simaltaneously. If I couldn't then I'd just have to hold it. Crazy.

RncdJoe

Pet Semetary was really scary, just so atmospheric and so many horribe things going on. Zelda, the crippled sister, scared the hell out of me as a kid.