Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What is your guilty pleasure? (1 Viewer)

Boofy

WF Veterans
This can be anything from a particularly shameful song to well, whatever you want really. If you are embarrassed to admit that you love it, be brave and post it here!

I'm going to just come out and say it. My guilty pleasure is Waterloo Road. I like to watch Waterloo Road and listen to Snow Patrol and sometimes I sing along to songs by Joss Stone. Oh Lord. What have I started?

Pidgeon84

WF Veterans
Linkin Park, I used to be very openly obsessed, but my tastes got a lot heavier and the death metal folk don't look to fondly on that band lol. Not to mention I got older and realized how angsty the first couple records are.

Deafmute

WF Veterans
Linkin Park, I used to be very openly obsessed, but my tastes got a lot heavier and the death metal folk don't look to fondly on that band lol. Not to mention I got older and realized how angsty the first couple records are.

angsty? no they were pure emotional gold Crawling in my skin was the theme song to my junior year.

hmm guilty pleasures? all of my pleasures are pretty guilty.

Deleted member 56686

Retired Supervisor
WF Veterans
Anything having to do with Pink Floyd, they're so terrible :lol: (Just kidding I love Pink Floyd) :D

I guess I have to admit I watch the occasional chick flick. :D

Boofy

WF Veterans
Oh God, I nearly died when you said Pink Floyd, Mustard! Don't scare me like that! I'm beginning to realise that most of these guilty pleasures are similar to my own, I mean, I watch chick flicks, I love Ernest Saves Christmas and when Cadence mentioned the pretending to be a DJ, I thought it was quite possibly the best thing I'd heard all week ;___;

Inb4: I have no taste in anything, what is my life x3

LeeC

WF Veterans
The only name above I even recognize is Gordon Lightfoot, so I'll likely seem an eccentric.

Siting in my natural garden each growing season, watching the biodiversity expand, while hearing Williams' The Lark Ascending in my head. And on into the night, seeing what we can of the universe, appreciating playing even such a small part in it all.

hvysmker

Although I don't feel guilty, I do feel out of tune in preferring music from the thirties and forties, mostly big band type. It certainly shows my age. I can't stand Rock and Noise.

Charlie

Bishop

WF Veterans
Back in my high school and college years, when bored on a friday night, I'd turn on whatever movies were on TV and watch them. TBS, FX, Lifetime... didn't matter.

So when my (now) wife and I started dating, she went through my movie collection and saw the endless sci-fi, action, adventure, yadda yadda, my seasons of CSI and Futurama... she thought she had a good idea of what kind of TV I watched. About a year into our relationship she wanted to go see a chick flick starring Jennifer Lopez, and at the end of it, I remarked that I thought "The Wedding Planner" was a much better J-Lo film. She turned, stunned that I had seen a movie called "The Wedding Planner" in-depth enough to comment on it, and she then learned of my love of Rom-Coms.

I watch them sparingly, and when I do it's usually the cheesier the better, and I'm often doing other things while watching them, but I've seen a LOT of romantic comedies. The chick-iest of chick flicks. Maid In Manhattan, Failure to Launch (though I hate SJP!), The Ugly Truth, Big Fat Greek Wedding, Hitch... ALL of them. If they were on TV at one time with their single curse word bleeped out? I've seen it.

Bruno Spatola

Ten Things I Hate About You

Clueless

An Adam Sandler movie called Reign Over Me. I thought he was really good.

The Mummy/Mummy Returns. Love the chemistry between Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, and John Hannah. I thought the movies were pretty funny.

That's it, really. Oh, Alien 3 isn't nearly as bad as people say. And I like a couple Cradle of Filth albums, "Midian" and "Nymphetamine". That's it.