Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

what is your favorite william faulkner book? (1 Viewer)

D

Dr. Malone

I'll second "As I Lay Dying."

I love the way he switches the first person narratives from character to character.

Frabes

"The Sound and the Fury"

Followed closely by "As I Lay Dying" and "Light in August".

Like the southern gothic shorts, too.

OzzyShiraz

I´d have to go with The Sound and the Fury; that book knocked my socks off.

Like a lot of people, I found Faulkner to be tough-going at first, but as you sort of get used to his style...aaaah!! so rewarding. I regard the Fury as quite possibly being the most innovative book I´ve ever read; the style of writing has been emulated since not only in literature but in all forms of media. I started reading it not knowing a lick about it, and what a delight to figure it all out, bit by bit.

I also liked Pylon a good deal; risque for the times, and I truly, truly empathised with the main character.

OzzyShiraz

I´d have to go with The Sound and the Fury; that book knocked my socks off.

Like a lot of people, I found Faulkner to be tough-going at first, but as you sort of get used to his style...aaaah!! so rewarding. I regard the Fury as quite possibly being the most innovative book I´ve ever read; the style of writing has been emulated since not only in literature but in all forms of media. I started reading it not knowing a lick about it, and what a delight to figure it all out, bit by bit.

I also liked Pylon a good deal; risque for the times, and I truly, truly empathised with the main character.

Modest Me

Am i the only person who hated "As I Lay Dying"? I dont think i even finished it.

Maybe it was the fact that i felt forced to read it (because i was in fact forced to read it (college)) and when i feel forced to read something I automatically hate it.