Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What is Your "Bonus?" (1 Viewer)

Ma'am

Yep, this is like at Thanksgiving, where the host makes each person say what they're grateful for before they get to eat. Haha. Why not. Sounds corny but "counting my blessings" puts things in perspective and makes me feel better. Strange that the fewer "blessings" I have at the time, the more I count them.

What do you have that would make you yell, "Bonus!" like the kids do these days? You can name one or do a whole inventory.

Ma'am

Okay, I'll start! The one I'm thinking of right now is that my husband just seems to really like me. I feel lucky for that, especially since we've been together for a long time. I am kind of surprised. Not that I'm a criminal or anything but I'd say I'm kind of a PITA, tbh.

River Rose

I have one everyday. I am an X runner. Meaning I used to b a runner. I could run for 10 miles straight. It was part of me. Then I got a huge injury. I tore my meniscus. I had to give up running. So a part of me went missing. Now,,,I am a walker. I walk bout 10 miles a day. Speed walk 4 on my treadmill and then hike the rest. Depending on the state of the trails. Or,,I just walk the country roads.
I am thankful everyday for my ability to still walk. The way that feeds my soul.
When I see a runner, I smile, knowing that used to b me. A part of me was left behind in my running shoes.
I found a new me in my walking.

River Rose

Okay, I'll start! The one I'm thinking of right now is that my husband just seems to really like me. I feel lucky for that, especially since we've been together for a long time. I am kind of surprised. Not that I'm a criminal or anything but I'd say I'm kind of a PITA, tbh.
This is beautiful.

dither

WF Veterans
Being an old fuddy-duddy, do people really yell "bonus" ? For me it would be a barely noticeable air-punch and a whispered "yes!".
What would cause such a reaction? Can't think of anything right now.
When and why did such an occasion occur? I can't remember.

What on earth is a "PITA"?

And River Rose, Speed-walking? Ten-milers? You really are, something else.

River Rose

Being an old fuddy-duddy, do people really yell "bonus" ? For me it would be a barely noticeable air-punch and a whispered "yes!".
What would cause such a reaction? Can't think of anything right now.
When and why did such an occasion occur? I can't remember.

What on earth is a "PITA"?

And River Rose, Speed-walking? Ten-milers? You really are, something else.
It seriously keeps me sane.

Irwin

I have one everyday. I am an X runner. Meaning I used to b a runner. I could run for 10 miles straight. It was part of me. Then I got a huge injury. I tore my meniscus. I had to give up running. So a part of me went missing. Now,,,I am a walker. I walk bout 10 miles a day. Speed walk 4 on my treadmill and then hike the rest. Depending on the state of the trails. Or,,I just walk the country roads.
I am thankful everyday for my ability to still walk. The way that feeds my soul.
When I see a runner, I smile, knowing that used to b me. A part of me was left behind in my running shoes.
I found a new me in my walking.

I tore a meniscus in my left knee playing tennis, and cracked a bone in my right foot, and got tendonitis in my shoulders. [email protected]#$% I used to love playing tennis. :(

River Rose

I tore a meniscus in my left knee playing tennis, and cracked a bone in my right foot, and got tendonitis in my shoulders. [email protected]#$% I used to love playing tennis. :(
So sorry to hear. Such a painful injury. I know exactly how u feel having to give up tennis. I struggled for a long time w giving up running.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Don't get too effusive there, dither! Believe it or not, I would be comfortable with that level of celebration.

I didn't know that yelling 'bonus!' was a thing now but I'm usually the last to know that something's trending...let's see...

I'm thankful that when I agreed to marry my husband and was starry-eyed stupid in love he actually turned out to be someone willing to put up with me for a long time. And though he's far from perfect he's worth putting up with, too.

Thankful for some of these fantastic days of spring that are comfortable to work outside, still cool and the humidity hasn't rolled in yet.

Really happy that my two loaves of sesame-topped sourdough sandwich bread turned out well today. After a recent bread disaster I don't take this for granted!

My kids are growing! My plants are growing! My sourdough starter is happy! There are blossoms and flowers everywhere! The plants I started in my jug-greenhouses are healthy! I even managed to get seeds from a bell pepper to sprout and grow and sweet potatoes, too.

And as another bonus, the word "cattywampus" exists. Which is awesome.

Irwin

So sorry to hear. Such a painful injury. I know exactly how u feel having to give up tennis. I struggled for a long time w giving up running.

Sorry you had to give up running. :(

I was getting shots of cortisone in my knee once a month for about a year for the pain. Without it, I walked with a severe limp. That was about ten years ago. I don't have any pain anymore and have been thinking about playing again, but I have a feeling if I do, I'm just going to go through the same injuries again.

dither

WF Veterans
Don't get too effusive there, dither! Believe it or not, I would be comfortable with that level of celebration.

I didn't know that yelling 'bonus!' was a thing now but I'm usually the last to know that something's trending...let's see...

I'm thankful that when I agreed to marry my husband and was starry-eyed stupid in love he actually turned out to be someone willing to put up with me for a long time. And though he's far from perfect he's worth putting up with, too.

Thankful for some of these fantastic days of spring that are comfortable to work outside, still cool and the humidity hasn't rolled in yet.

Really happy that my two loaves of sesame-topped sourdough sandwich bread turned out well today. After a recent bread disaster I don't take this for granted!

My kids are growing! My plants are growing! My sourdough starter is happy! There are blossoms and flowers everywhere! The plants I started in my jug-greenhouses are healthy! I even managed to get seeds from a bell pepper to sprout and grow and sweet potatoes, too.

And as another bonus, the word "cattywampus" exists. Which is awesome.

" cattywampus "? :scratch:

Errrmmm.... Okay.

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Dither, you're missing out on some good words! I'm sure that 'cattywampus' is a lot more widespread here in the US than just my area but I guess it's not worlwide...yet! So:

Cattywampus means that something is crooked, not lined up. "When I was pulling the new car into the garage I got it all cattywampus and now we have to replace the rear quarter panel."

dither

WF Veterans
Dither, you're missing out on some good words! I'm sure that 'cattywampus' is a lot more widespread here in the US than just my area but I guess it's not worlwide...yet! So:

Cattywampus means that something is crooked, not lined up. "When I was pulling the new car into the garage I got it all cattywampus and now we have to replace the rear quarter panel."

Foxee, we're a few years behind the U.S. so we're forever playing catch-up.

Users who are viewing this thread