Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What do you use to find publishers? (1 Viewer)

Story Unlikely

What does everyone uses to find places to submit their writing to? Personally, I use duotrope - you have to pay, but it's a small fee and it works pretty well - but I'm wondering what else is out there and what experiences you've had with them.

Searching for a publishing house is a waste of time, most of them have thousands of scripts sent to e-mail and do not find enough time to read or evaluate them, you have Amazon to publish your novel, and if you are lucky and your novel has received a turnout, it means that you are under the sun directly and the publishing companies will seek after you.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Searching for a publishing house is a waste of time, most of them have thousands of scripts sent to e-mail and do not find enough time to read or evaluate them, you have Amazon to publish your novel, and if you are lucky and your novel has received a turnout, it means that you are under the sun directly and the publishing companies will seek after you.
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. Agents and publishers find new authors all the time. They have to. But the odds ARE low.

I sent a couple of queries on my first novel and heard nothing. I don't need income from my writing, and I realized if I churned submissions I'd be waiting for an answer that might never come before I wrote my next. So I self-pubbed and kept writing. I'll never be a household name, but I'm not frustrated, I've written a lot more books, and enjoyed my time much more than I would have NOT writing.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. Agents and publishers find new authors all the time. They have to. But the odds ARE low.

I sent a couple of queries on my first novel and heard nothing. I don't need income from my writing, and I realized if I churned submissions I'd be waiting for an answer that might never come before I wrote my next. So I self-pubbed and kept writing. I'll never be a household name, but I'm not frustrated, I've written a lot more books, and enjoyed my time much more than I would have NOT writing.
writing make you happy , because you Focus on one thing and forget about the rest

I sent a couple of queries on my first novel and heard nothing. I don't need income from my writing, and I realized if I churned submissions I'd be waiting for an answer that might never come before I wrote my next. So I self-pubbed and kept writing. I'll never be a household name, but I'm not frustrated, I've written a lot more books, and enjoyed my time much more than I would have NOT writin
link me your page on amazon

Ralph Rotten

Staff member
Media Manager
Or you could try Indies United. Lisa helps lots of new writers publish their first books.
Check my signature line.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
What does everyone uses to find places to submit their writing to? Personally, I use duotrope - you have to pay, but it's a small fee and it works pretty well - but I'm wondering what else is out there and what experiences you've had with them.
My first question would be, what are you submitting? Books, or stories?
And, if you submit (single) stories or poems, there is another (free) site you can use,
The Submission Grinder.
Good luck.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
In that case, do as I suggested. Also study magazine websites to see what kind of work they are expecting. There's a great variety in what magazines publish
:)