Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What do you think of my movie concept? (1 Viewer)

A

apdscott

I have come up with the following high concept movie.

A man wakes up in an abandoned factory with no memory of who he is. His only clues a Phone, a number and a ripped photo of a woman who looks to be in bad shape.

What does everybody think? Does it interest you?

Alan

Linton Robinson

That is not a "high concept" It's an opening scene. We have no idea where it goes from there. It could be a rehash of many similar films. Or it could be something very cool.

We have not idea from what you've said.

But it is NOT "high concept". High concept is like "mother and daughter change bodies" or "pro wrestler turns kindergarten teacher"

evlddd

From what you have described, it could be good, but it is definetly not high concept. You should write more of the plot before asking anyone to make judgement.

mammamaia

as noted, it's not 'high concept' but could be interesting enough, depending on where you go from there... could also be nothing more than a cliche ripoff of the many others with a similar 'mc w/ amnesia' start... asking for an opinion at this stage is a waste of time, sorry to say...

love and hugs, maia

mammamaia

gee, two of us did!... didn't know there was a rule that only one person per thread can offer the same advice and no one after that could or should agree with it... gosh, i wonder if my pay'll get docked for committing that breach of whatever!

Linton Robinson

Well, gee. It's not a crime. It's just that usuaslly people are trying to help the OP. ANd your last four posts on the forum were all just repeating what had already been said, therefore no help at all.

Which is sort of germain. If somebody is posting not to help or inform people who ask questions, but for private reasons... how valuable is anything they say? How trustworthy? How good of an idea is it to send your email address to somebody who is running their own agenda and just trying to "be present' even if they have nothing to say?

Worth thinking about.

I mean, you can do that if you want. But why?

What pay?

Last edited:

rocky

Ever saw the movie SAW. That bits sounds a bit like how that movie started. Going with what was mentioned above, we need to know where this is going or it may well be a cliched plot.

Rocky

Merforga

Sounds interesting enough but it' not really an idea as mentioned above ,it's just the bare bones opening of your script.

Linton Robinson

Ah.

The sad thing is that peace, like so many things, can be quickly and easily destroyed, while requiring years of effort to create.

mammamaia

ANd your last four posts on the forum were all just repeating what had already been said, therefore no help at all.

'my last four posts,' huh?... i'm wondering how you'd know what my last four were, since i make many more than that number daily and post replies in quite a few of the many sections on this site alone... it's too bad you haven't anything more worthwhile to do with your time than to keep track of all my posts [anyone else's, or am i the only lucky one?], so you can make such an unnecessarily judgmental statement... as if you've never posted an agreement with a prior post yourself, right?... like the shady lady in the song of old, you're more to be pitied than scorned, fella...

love and peaceful condolences, maia

Last edited:
A

apdscott

How's this for a more complete synopsis.

A man wakes up with no memory, and find himself a contestant in a twisted and dangerous game show.

Siglark

There was an episode of Dr. Who that handled that premise quite well. You should be able to find it on youtube. It's called "Bad Wolf".

N

nightfire117

And the fact that Battle Royale was exploited publicly in almost a game-show-esque way, well, that's another thing to consider.

~Night

A

apdscott

Thanks for the feedback. I also had another idea I wanted peoples thoughts on.

A clerical error allows Steven Jameson, an antisocial, alcoholic jerk, to avoid hell, and instead become a guardian angel.

Alan