Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What category for Superhero novel? (1 Viewer)

MJCaan

I just finished my first novel, and it is now available on Amazon. It's a superhero novel, a genre I think is under served, but I can't decide what category it belongs in. It's more adult oriented, and since it's a novel I didn't want to place it in the comics section. Any ideas?
Thanks,
MJ

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
No, Fantasy is way different than superhero. Believe me I am a fantasy nerd.

Jeko

WF Veterans
Depends what kind of superhero and what kind of story. I'd put Superman in fantasy, but Kick-Ass in action/thriller.

Skodt

WF Veteran
WF Veterans
Superman in Fantasy? I would call it Action Adventure.

Superman would be more Sci-Fi than fantasy in any amount. But I don't think he fits in either one.

MJCaan

It's about Earth's first contact with a true superhero and the fall out that results from that contact. It's about a single mother in an abusive relationship who develops the ability to fight back one day...to disastrous results. Lots of action involving shadow factions of the government and some very nasty criminals. Tons of action, not for children, and heavy on character development.