Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you reading now? (1 Viewer)

Sinister

Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame.

It is simply that time of year again. Time to visit old friends in old books, with a pipeful of cavendish and warm apple cider. I'm going to read this outside in one of the last warm sunbeams. I used to consider this a book for children, but I've found that it's one of the most mature works of all-time.

-Sin

rlmoriguchi

The Silent Patient - Alex Michaelides
Patriots - James Wesley, Rawles
Bird by Bird - Anne Lamott
And rereading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - JK Rowling

I have a hard time reading one book at a time lol. I'm really trying to broaden what I read but also not completely cut out what I already enjoy if that makes sense.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I have recently finished Peter Hopkirk's 'Secret Service East of Constantinople', this led me on to his 'Quest for Kim' about the actual people and places behind Kipling's 'Kim' which I zipped through and finished this morning. The library now also has his 'The Great Game' waiting for me which the missus will pick up when she goes in later in the week.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
The secret life of bees by Sue Monk Kidd. She is easy to read, at times she goes toward syrupy sweet or starts to indulge her darlings, but manages to stay on the right side of acceptable, It's a two day fill in book, more entertaining than some.