Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you having for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Amnesiac

Pairs nicely with a Merlot or a nice sovignon blanc.

Pterodactyl with stuffing and mashed potatoes. That one is probably best with a nice chablis. (White meat, after all....)

Ma'am

I had a burrito thing. Whole wheat tortilla, refried beans w taco seasoning, corn, onion, tomato, guacamole and black olives. Brussels sprouts on the side. I can't take a pic because I already et it. So sorry.

Ma'am

We just had a big salad. I seem to chop more than cook lately. I always feel bored by the idea of salad, like eating will be a chore. Then I'm surprised when I love it, even though I fix and eat it nearly every day. The secret to a great salad, imo, is just use at least seven or eight ingredients, and chop it small enough that you get more than one taste in each bite. Tonight: Romaine lettuce, spinach, radish, carrot, zucchini, celery, cilantro, orange and raisins (nine ingredients). It was very nice imo.

Last edited:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
We had a bit of rocket in the salad the other night, first home grown ingredient to hit the kitchen. Other things won't be long now. Salad leaves are coming on, the first flowers are on the tomato and courgette plants, it's coming.

River Rose

Well,,,this is breakfast not dinner but I am starting a new breakfast regimen as my old one was not keeping me full long enough,,,so I had to up my breakfast game.
Old breakfast,,,coffee( a big one) high fiber whole wheat English muffing w bacon and Swiss cheese.
New breakfast ,,,coffee( still the big one), high fiber whole wheat BAGEL, w bacon and Swiss cheese.
See what I did there. I upped my English muffin for a bagel. The hope is to get me closer to lunch w/o being ravenous.
I live on the wild side ppl.
My critique is, the whole wheat bagel was much more wheaty tasting. Which is ok just a little over powering first thing in the morn.
I will keep u posted if my new theory on the tummy rumbles works.

Ma'am

If it doesn't work there is always elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and then supper. :)

Yikes, I'd be a whale even with just eating the standard three squares a day. We usually don't have anything but caffeine before about five in the evening. Don't feel hungry, either. Just used to it, I guess (plus, caffeine). However, we don't walk ten miles like RiverRose either...

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
. We usually don't have anything but caffeine before about five in the evening. Don't feel hungry, either. Just used to it, I guess (plus, caffeine)..

I know it is easily done, but it is not a good approach. The depletion then surge in blood sugars does tend one toward diabetes. Much healthier to eat the same amount, but spread it through the day.

River Rose

As a second morning into the bagel... I red flag.
I can not get past the taste.
My surrender does not come without the ability to try
I can not get over the grossness no matter how I play it out.

becwriter

I'm throwing together a Cajun "blackening" spice mix from what I have in the cupboard.

It's blackened chicken tonight and blackened shrimp tomorrow!

Ma'am

Whole wheat tortillas w/ seasoned beans, corn, Rotel tomato, black olives, green onions, cilantro, guacamole and jalapeno. And salad. Simple but so tasty. :)

friday supper.jpg

River Rose

We lit the tiki torches and fired up
the fire pit and cooked out. We had cilantro lime steak,,baked potatoes, parmesan cauliflower. The kids roasted marshmallows and put the ooey gooey goodness between chocolate chip cookies.

Ma'am

Trying to use stuff up because we're moving. So, leftover veggie burrito toppings over quinoa. Husband was still hungry so I made him some canned southwest vegetable soup doctored up with diced potatoes and topped with chopped cilantro, green onion and jalapeno, with peanut butter toast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread