Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you having for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Amnesiac

We had spicy bean burgers with salad. Our favoured 'Good life' burgers used to be everywhere, but only seem to be in a couple of shops now :(

Ollie, there are a number of burger recipes for vegetarians/vegans online. My wife has made them before, but they are made primarily with black beans. You can put onion, garlic, or whatever seasoning you like into the mix, and they come out pretty good!

Foxee

Patron
Patron
It was black bean and turkey taco night. I'm attempting to write a poem while in a happy Mexican food coma. Sipping coffee to try to survive til I can fall over properly for the night.

Ma'am

Here is some shutupandeatit haha. It is the fresh fruit and vegetables I have left plus whole wheat pasta w jar sauce doctored up with sauteed onion, garlic and basil. And brown rice with seasoned beans and frozen vegetables.

shutup.jpg

Ma'am

I am tired from picking up groceries etc. plus they were out of a lot of the stuff I ordered, so I slapped together this quick veg supper, which I think was accidentally really tasty.

It is some store bought falafel, and store bought multi-grain and flax flatbread or whatever, with store bought guacamole, fresh dill, tomato, spinach, mustard and fake cheese. Ah, no wonder it was so tasty. Just realized that even though it's plant-based it still has a lot of fat, between the guac and the fake cheese.

falafel.jpg

Amnesiac

The biggest damn steak I can find. I'm going to heat up the cast-iron skillet until a drop of water hops around like a Texan strikin' oil, and then I'm going to take that steak and go one second on each side.

Basically: Take the horns off it, wipe its ass, and send it on in!

Neetu

Friends of WF
Grilled salmon with Cajun seasoning, lime, evoo and garlic for the pescetarian in my family, tofu with onions and peppers for the vegan, lemon and peanut rice and cucumber/tomato salad.

River Rose

Turkey sandwich on multi grain bread w pickles and honey mustard. Fresh Basil Tomato soup. Then to drink I will choke down my cider vinegar mixed w pomegranate cranberry juice. It’s nasty but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Ma'am

We had an early supper of leftover vegan whole foods. But I now am dying for some chocolate and some potato chips. I have lost a few pounds from not getting out to the store much and doing grocery pick-ups instead of going into the store when we do go. It gives me time to re-think the junk food in my online cart and delete it. But then sometimes I have a junk food fit and gotta have it, like now. It feels exactly like an addictive substance craving. Hmm...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread