Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you having for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Is that through choice or is there no food in the supermarkets?

well, we have a limited selection to shop from... but, I am eating Doritos because I am out of Peanut M&M's... ;).... I have other stuff to eat, but I don't feel like cooking.... ok, i'm lyin'.... I am having Doritos because I am addicted to them... I even put them in my Tomato soup instead of crackers... yummy... and they are wonderful with Chocolate Cherry ice cream....

KenTR

Or, "fun size." WTF is so "fun" about receiving far less than the regular size?! The marketing industry needs its collective head waterboarded in the toilet. Hrmph.....

"Fun Size". Ha ha. How could anybody possibly have fun with a bag of three M&M's? All brown ones, yet.

A few years ago, Tree Ripe (easily the WORST brand of orange juice available) came out with a new kind of packaging. They called it the "easy pour'' size. Same price, same juice (unfortunately), but this new "easy pour" size was taller than the old cartons, and (surprise!) it was only 48 ounces of product compared to the standard 54 ounce hard to pour size.

So for the same price, you got the same crappy juice in a new carton that was too tall to fit on most of the shelves in your refrigerator.

Sinister

Fish Tacos. Not my all-time favorite, but despite using horrible words like: "Yummo, Delish" and etc, Rachel Ray has a perfect recipe with honey, hot sauce, lime juice, creme fraiche, mango chutney and steak seasoning.

-SIN

Ma'am

I have some variation of this veg soft taco dinner about once a week because it's so quick and easy. The trick is the seasoning on the beans, which flavors the whole thing. Either a taco seasoning packet or what I used tonight, canned chili beans (already seasoned). Also, these include pre-cooked quinoa that came in individual serving size (we can't find dried beans, rice, etc. lately). And chopped lettuce, tomato and green onion. I use whole wheat tortillas for the extra nutrition when I can find them and very flexible with the other toppings. For ex, corn, avocado, rice, cilantro, olives, cabbage, lime wedges, etc. Or use potatoes instead of tortillas. If anyone is here who wants it, I put some shredded cheese, meat etc. out, too.

tortilla etc.JPG

Last edited:

Ma'am

Microwaved potatoes with fresh chopped toppings. I really like these yellow potatoes, Yukon Golds or whatever other names they go by. They seem buttered, without the butter.

Attachments

• dindin.jpg
    dindin.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Planning salmon and roasted potatoes, grilled asparagus and a salad. If I'm really good I'm going to make a faux ice cream with aquafaba, that'll be an experiment.

I guess I'd better stop struggling with poetry and get down there and cook!

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
We had spicy bean burgers with salad. Our favoured 'Good life' burgers used to be everywhere, but only seem to be in a couple of shops now :(

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Cookies.

I mean...okay, we had Easy Worknight Rotini but the really important part was the Chocolate Chip Everything Cookies I made after.

Users who are viewing this thread