Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you having for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Tonight is one of the best. Minced beef and onion with mash, peas and green beans.

If you aren't a baby boomer, British, working class or poor. Then you wouldn't have a clue to one of the cheapest, most nutritional and very tastiest meals you could ever have, and you really have missed out on great nosh.
Growing up on a homestead here in PA I can completely agree with this. Comfort food at its best!

It might be taco night here. Not too sure.

EDIT: I know you were all dying to know if we had tacos. We didn't, I had more sauce and cheese and pizza dough from a couple nights ago so I made that. Haha! I'm brilliant. Now we're going to go see Knives Out.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: So, of course now you must know how the movie was. Brilliant! Funny. Go see it!

Last edited:

Ma'am

Fried shrimp, fried oysters and french fries. Good thing my family members kept stealing things off my plate so I wouldn't eat too many calories. :/

Ma'am

Nothing! Gah, where did these extra pounds come from again?

Trying to work up the resolve to throw the Christmas chocolates in the trashcan. It hurts.

Last edited:

Irwin

Nothing! Gah, where did these extra pounds come from again?

Trying to work up the resolve to throw the Christmas chocolates in the trashcan. It hurts.

You can't throw them away when there are children starving in Somalia. You have no choice but to eat them. It's not your fault. :)

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
I won't be having a Healthy Choice microwave dinner.... I should, because I need to drop a few pounds, but I opted for Doritos and a diet Coke... oh well, tomorrow.... definitely.... maybe the diet....

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I won't be having a Healthy Choice microwave dinner.... I should, because I need to drop a few pounds, but I opted for Doritos and a diet Coke... oh well, tomorrow.... definitely.... maybe the diet....

I never got that, how is a microwave dinner a healthy choice? When the missus is away and I am catering for myself it always stuns me a bit comparing my basket at the supermarket queue with the others. I buy ingredients, it is much cheaper and there is only a fraction of the amount of plastic. I would far rather spend more time in the kitchen cooking something I will really enjoy and get a sense of achievement from, than spend longer earning money to pay for stuff that is not even as nice as Coke and Doritos.

A tip, Potato is one of the few veg that does not need to go into boiling water, so put the potatoes on in cold water and then start peeling carrots. Then drop the carrot in with the potatoes. They don't take as long it gives the spuds a great taste. If I am having mash with something I will even mash them together sometimes.

Theglasshouse

WF Veterans
My family doesn't use microwaves anymore since a doctor in our family said it could melt blood vessels. I am not making this up. Don't make microwave dinners. They will stop producing microwaves in many countries a year from now such as South Korea.

Yesterday ate a tuna sandwich with some salad. My mom didn't want to cook which is understandable. We came back from a 3-hour trip. Not to mention we were all tired.

Users who are viewing this thread