Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you having for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Umree

This evening? I'm not sure. I had some tacos from a street vendor last night though, authentic Mexican food is the best!

Ma'am

Whole wheat penne pasta with spaghetti sauce and fake meatballs, and a salad with about ten different things in it.

Last edited:

Ma'am

Fresh fruit salad and mixed green salad with no dressing. I ate like a piggy this weekend so now I must be punished.

Sustrai

I'm anemic (due to a year's worth of medical stuff) and I have high blood sugar, so I'm eating thinly sliced roast beef, soft frenchfries and steamed asparagus, topped with a mug of apple juice and a large magnesium supplement. *heavy sigh*

If I find a few thousand dollars for dentures, and this blood chemistry gets back on track, THEN I'll go back to indulging . . . I can't think about it now ... pizza...lobster.... THIS is how you know you've gotten old.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I'm anemic (due to a year's worth of medical stuff) and I have high blood sugar, so I'm eating thinly sliced roast beef, soft frenchfries and steamed asparagus, topped with a mug of apple juice and a large magnesium supplement. *heavy sigh*

If I find a few thousand dollars for dentures, and this blood chemistry gets back on track, THEN I'll go back to indulging . . . I can't think about it now ... pizza...lobster.... THIS is how you know you've gotten old.

Sounds like indulgence to me, better than rice with a little lentil sauce.

Last night I had pitta with falafel, humus and salad, two of them. Not quite indulgence, but very good!

J.T. Chris

WF Veterans
I'm in charge of dinner tonight as the wife is working late. I think there is a frozen pizza that won't take too much effort to heat up.

I had a small beef soup with potatoes, plus a salad with caesar dressing, bacon, and walnuts. I also had some cheese, crackers, carrots, and hummus. And they said this hotel didn't have anything.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
No, oddly they don't do small, only medium or large cod. They do a small chips, but if I have a large one I can have as many as I want and still leave all the ones I don't fancy to put out for the birds tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread