Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are you having for dinner? (1 Viewer)

Matchu

It was a disgusting mess. Party pack of chicken drumsticks/crinkle chips/butter beans/& spinach. Really very gross avante garde, chicken skins broiled, depression moment. Possibly under £5 a head?

Sinister

Homemade Chicken Pozole and a Blueberry Grunt. Pozole is good, despite using chicken instead of pork. Anything is better than its original ingredient. Still add hot sauce, lime juice, cilantro and tortilla chips to my bowl. Heresy, I know.

Blueberries finally came in a couple of days ago and I took the opportunity to cook one of my favorite recipes from my Nero Wolfe cookbook. Used up all the wild plums from a week ago. Pitted them, crushed them and shoved them into a primary fermenter with some champagne yeast.

I have blackberries in now. No clue what to do with them. Open to suggestions.

-Sin

Sinister

Okay...yeah. This is a total step up from a cobbler. God, now this is making me think how lazy my family was that they brought cobblers to pot-lucks instead of this. I used to make blueberry muffins with a very similar crumb topping.

Thanks, PiP. Gonna go pick some out of the Ertan Deep and wait til the temp is cool enough to heat up my oven. Prolly pick up some granny smiths, while I'm at it. My apple trees don't produce much these days. ^^

-Sin

• Love
Reactions: PiP

Mark Twain't

Staff member
Board Moderator
I'm a very keen cook, I love to try new things and develop recipes. Love to watch shows like Masterchef for inspiration. Tonight, we had

Fish Fingers, Chips & Spaghetti Hoops.

:D

Sinister

Lemonade, Pimento Cheese and Chicken Salad sandwiches with kale wilted with garlic, vinegar and cayenne.

All store bought this time, cept the kale. I'm cutting back on all the cooking and extravagant food. Had Marco's Pizza yesterday. Call it a relapse.

-Sin

River Rose

Lemonade, Pimento Cheese and Chicken Salad sandwiches with kale wilted with garlic, vinegar and cayenne.

All store bought this time, cept the kale. I'm cutting back on all the cooking and extravagant food. Had Marco's Pizza yesterday. Call it a relapse.

-Sin
Nah. Not a relapse. It’s just balance. 😚

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
The missus has gone to help out her sister and I was working in the garden until eight o'clock, so I got a takeaway from the local Indian. Lamb curry and rice, first time I have eaten meat in ages, possibly eighteen months. Now that's what you call a relapse, Sinister. :)

Sinister

Well, relapse aside, I've worked hard today, so I'm treating myself. It's one of my easy-to-make stand-by skillet dishes, Shrimp and Orzo. Groceries were just delivered to me, so I'm going all-out. Spicy, plenty of parm cheese, basil and cherry tomatoes for a bit of an acidic tang. Still haven't made the blackberry and apple crumble. Might do that as well. I need a good desert, plus I think I have some ice cream to make it ala mode.

Then to the bitter task of moving the wine to a secondary fermenter. I'm really hoping I didn't kill all the yeast, somehow.

-Sin