Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

What are y'all doing for Halloween? (1 Viewer)

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
This must be an inspirational time for those of you who write horror. I have to admit I had a dark inspiration myself, with the immersion of the seasonal color palette.

What are y'all doing for Halloween?

Last edited:

NajaNoir

Day off, so the first half will be spent staring at a story I'd like to finish. Possibly doing more than staring at it, unclear still.

The second half will be spent with family watching spooky movies. The best of the 80's, Halloween, Child's Play original, etc...

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Finishing a proofread and annotation of a fellow author's scholarly treatise on the Heinlein Juveniles. :) I questioned his theory that Tunnel in the Sky was intended as a refutation of Golding's adolescent social dynamics in Lord of the Flies, and gave him a couple of pointers on Citizen of the Galaxy. Otherwise, it's mostly pointing out typos.

I had put this on the back burner for a while, since he didn't respond to the last set of notes I sent him, so I wondered if he was even using them. Then tonight I get an email asking if I had any more, and he's in the last stages of Final Drafting. Since I committed to do this, suddenly I need to drop everything else and finish it. Luckily I'd already done almost half the book.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
We don't do Halloween here in this country, but I hope you all enjoy yourselves :)
My husband is from, England. They do things quite differently for Halloween there than here in Canada. He stills wonders why we dress our kids up in costumes and send them out into the dark to beg for candy from strangers...lol!

I have to make him go into his den and close the door when I open the front door to the trick or treaters. It's funny how when you grow up with it, it all seems perfectly normal. :)