Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

WF Will Upgrade to New Forum Software! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Dear members,

We are delighted to announce that in January 2021 WF will finally move to a more user-friendly modern forum with many exciting features.

One of the new features will be a place where members can showcase their finished work, much like our current blogs. However, the blogs on the new forum will serve a specific purpose: they are intended for Poetry, Fiction, Interviews, etc. and will be accessible to members who have received an invite to use them from Admin.

Unfortunately technical difficulties make it prohibitive to move the current blogs to the new forum. Therefore we ask you to PLEASE save any blog-content you wish to keep to your own computer before the 1st Jan 2021

Neetu

Friends of WF
I have a question if you don't mind. I use my blog a good deal and is pretty much all I use here. In the case of the Showcase you're describing, my question is: will it be accessible to all members you invite? Will there be a limit on members? How would you choose which members receive an invite?

Thanks.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
I have a question if you don't mind. I use my blog a good deal and is pretty much all I use here. In the case of the Showcase you're describing, my question is: will it be accessible to all members you invite? Will there be a limit on members? How would you choose which members receive an invite?

Thanks.

Good questions, neetu.

Yes, it will be accessible to all members we invite.

I don't foresee there will be a limit on the number of members only what they post. So, If like you they have used the blog to showcase their work, then they will be given access. People can also apply but to begin with we set the standard. We are still ironing out a few creases but right now we felt we should give our members as much notice as possible before we move to the new software.

There will be a few initital teething problems so we ask in advance for our members to be patient and work with us. :) I promise we will endeavour to make the move as smooth as possible

Last edited:

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
Yes, this move has been in the works for a long time and is overdue. It is thanks to our wonderful members who are so supportive that we have finally gotten there. We want to give you the best experience that we can and are so grateful that you've all been patient with our outdated and sometimes glitchy forum. Our completely awesome Techadm is very capable and we are in the best of hands.

It is exciting to think of the possibilities moving forward. :)

Reactions: PiP

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
I don't use Tapatalk. I just view WF as a normal website. When I was offered the tapatalk option I declined. I don't even use the mobile version.

Jonthom

I don't use Tapatalk. I just view WF as a normal website. When I was offered the tapatalk option I declined. I don't even use the mobile version.
That's nice.

Some people do use the app or mobile browser version.

maxsmith

Actually, I'm new here but I want to put my opinion. I'm okay with what we have. If you genuinely think that the site needs to be changed then go ahead. We all are looking for better WF.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Actually, I'm new here but I want to put my opinion. I'm okay with what we have. If you genuinely think that the site needs to be changed then go ahead. We all are looking for better WF.

Hi Max, welcome to the site, I guess from that you have been lurking around a bit, I would recommend you to make a few more posts, when you reach ten posts the forum makes you a full member and more areas open up, including places where you can post your work and get advice and opinions.

I would agree that what we have is okay, better than okay actually, but over the years I have seen a good few changes which have kept us ahead of the game. It may be okay for now, but better to make changes early than late and stay at the forefront.

All the best, and look forward to seeing you around the forum, Olly.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner

The vBullentin software not only has bugs and glitches from a backend perspective we are also limited on design and layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.